BizStore » Books » Social Engineering: The Science of Human Hacking
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 320
Publication Date: 2018-07-31
Release Date: 2018-07-31
Harden the human firewall against the most current threats
Social Engineering: The Science of Human Hacking reveals the craftier side of the hacker’s repertoire—why hack into something when you could just ask for access? Undetectable by firewalls and antivirus software, social engineering relies on human fault to gain access to sensitive spaces; in this book, renowned expert Christopher Hadnagy explains the most commonly-used techniques that fool even the most robust security personnel, and shows you how these techniques have been used in the past. The way that we make decisions as humans affects everything from our emotions to our security. Hackers, since the beginning of time, have figured out ways to exploit that decision making process and get you to take an action not in your best interest. This new Second Edition has been updated with the most current methods used by sharing stories, examples, and scientific study behind how those decisions are exploited.
Networks and systems can be hacked, but they can also be protected; when the “system” in question is a human being, there is no software to fall back on, no hardware upgrade, no code that can lock information down indefinitely. Human nature and emotion is the secret weapon of the malicious social engineering, and this book shows you how to recognize, predict, and prevent this type of manipulation by taking you inside the social engineer’s bag of tricks.
By working from the social engineer’s playbook, you gain the advantage of foresight that can help you protect yourself and others from even their best efforts. Social Engineering gives you the inside information you need to mount an unshakeable defense.
• The Hacker Playbook 3: Practical Guide To Penetration Testing
• The Complete Privacy & Security Desk Reference: Volume II: Physical (Volume 2)
• ComSec: Off-The-Grid Communication Strategies for Privacy Enthusiasts, Journalists, Politicians, Crooks, and the Average Joe
• Open Source Intelligence Techniques: Resources for Searching and Analyzing Online Information
• Hiding from the Internet: Eliminating Personal Online Information
• The Art of Deception: Controlling the Human Element of Security
• Gray Hat Hacking: The Ethical Hacker's Handbook, Fifth Edition
• Blue Team Field Manual (BTFM) (RTFM)
• The Complete Privacy & Security Desk Reference: Volume I: Digital (Volume 1)
• Attacking Network Protocols: A Hacker's Guide to Capture, Analysis, and Exploitation