BizStore » Books » Predictive Analytics: The Power to Predict Who Will Click, Buy, Lie, or Die
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 368
Publication Date: 2016-01-20
"Mesmerizing & fascinating..." —The Seattle Post-Intelligencer
"The Freakonomics of big data." —Stein Kretsinger, founding executive of Advertising.com
Award-winning | Used by over 30 universities | Translated into 12 languages
An introduction for everyone. In this rich, fascinating — surprisingly accessible — introduction, leading expert Eric Siegel reveals how predictive analytics (aka machine learning) works, and how it affects everyone every day. Rather than a “how to” for hands-on techies, the book serves lay readers and experts alike by covering new case studies and the latest state-of-the-art techniques.
Prediction is booming. It reinvents industries and runs the world. Companies, governments, law enforcement, hospitals, and universities are seizing upon the power. These institutions predict whether you're going to click, buy, lie, or die.
How does predictive analytics work? This jam-packed book satisfies by demystifying the intriguing science under the hood. For future hands-on practitioners pursuing a career in the field, it sets a strong foundation, delivers the prerequisite knowledge, and whets your appetite for more.
A truly omnipresent science, predictive analytics constantly affects our daily lives. Whether you are a consumer of it — or consumed by it — get a handle on the power of Predictive Analytics.
• Data Science for Business: What You Need to Know about Data Mining and Data-Analytic Thinking
• Storytelling with Data: A Data Visualization Guide for Business Professionals
• Big Data: A Revolution That Will Transform How We Live, Work, and Think
• Predictive Analytics For Dummies
• Data Smart: Using Data Science to Transform Information into Insight
• Business Research: Enjoy Creating, Developing and Writing Your Business Project
• Competing on Analytics: Updated, with a New Introduction: The New Science of Winning
• Fundamentals of Machine Learning for Predictive Data Analytics: Algorithms, Worked Examples, and Case Studies (The MIT Press)
• The Marketing Performance Blueprint: Strategies and Technologies to Build and Measure Business Success
• The Big Book of Dashboards: Visualizing Your Data Using Real-World Business Scenarios