BizStore » Books » How to Measure Anything in Cybersecurity Risk
Feature: John Wiley Sons Inc
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 304
Publication Date: 2016-07-25
• John Wiley Sons Inc
A ground shaking exposé on the failure of popular cyber risk management methods
How to Measure Anything in Cybersecurity Risk exposes the shortcomings of current "risk management" practices, and offers a series of improvement techniques that help you fill the holes and ramp up security. In his bestselling book How to Measure Anything, author Douglas W. Hubbard opened the business world's eyes to the critical need for better measurement. This book expands upon that premise and draws from The Failure of Risk Management to sound the alarm in the cybersecurity realm. Some of the field's premier risk management approaches actually create more risk than they mitigate, and questionable methods have been duplicated across industries and embedded in the products accepted as gospel. This book sheds light on these blatant risks, and provides alternate techniques that can help improve your current situation. You'll also learn which approaches are too risky to save, and are actually more damaging than a total lack of any security.
Dangerous risk management methods abound; there is no industry more critically in need of solutions than cybersecurity. This book provides solutions where they exist, and advises when to change tracks entirely.
Insightful and enlightening, this book will inspire a closer examination of your company's own risk management practices in the context of cybersecurity. The end goal is airtight data protection, so finding cracks in the vault is a positive thing—as long as you get there before the bad guys do. How to Measure Anything in Cybersecurity Risk is your guide to more robust protection through better quantitative processes, approaches, and techniques.
• Measuring and Managing Information Risk: A FAIR Approach
• How to Measure Anything: Finding the Value of Intangibles in Business
• CISO Desk Reference Guide: A Practical Guide for CISOs
• CISO Desk Reference Guide Volume 2: A Practical Guide for CISOs
• The Failure of Risk Management: Why It's Broken and How to Fix It
• How to Measure Anything Workbook: Finding the Value of "Intangibles" in Business
• Security Risk Management: Building an Information Security Risk Management Program from the Ground Up
• Threat Modeling: Designing for Security
• Blue Team Handbook: SOC, SIEM, and Threat Hunting Use Cases: A condensed field guide for the Security Operations team (Volume 2)
• Security Metrics: Replacing Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt