BizStore » Books » Student Development in College: Theory, Research, and Practice
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 560
Publication Date: 2016-02-29
THE ESSENTIAL STUDENT DEVELOPMENT REFERENCE, UPDATED WITH CUTTING-EDGE THEORY AND PRACTICE
Student Development in College is the go-to resource for student affairs, and is considered a key reference for those most committed to conscious and intentional student affairs practice. This third edition includes new chapters on social class, disability, and emerging identity theories, with expanded coverage of faith and gender identity. A new framework provides guidance for facilitating dialogues about theory, teaching theory, and the importance of educators as consumers of theory. Discussion questions conclude each chapter and vignettes are woven throughout to provide practical context for theory. Learning activities in the appendix promote comprehension and application of theory.
Student Development in College is the ideal resource for today's multifaceted student affairs role.
"With five new or expanded chapters and critical updates throughout the text, this third edition expertly presents the complex, multifaceted, and continually evolving nature of the theories that inform scholars and professionals in their research and practice with college students. These authors, consummately aware of the needs of emerging and continuing student affairs professionals, have crafted a text that will be both eminently practical and intellectually engaging for graduate students, professionals, and faculty alike."
"This third edition of Student Development in College beautifully presents the theoretical terrain of student development by honoring the foundational theories upon which the field was developed and foregrounding newer theories with brand new content and fresh perspectives. The result is a text that is comprehensive, sophisticated, and accessible—and one that is attuned to the contemporary realities of the complexities of student development."
• Student Services: A Handbook for the Profession (Jossey Bass Higher and Adult Education)
• Identity Development of College Students: Advancing Frameworks for Multiple Dimensions of Identity
• The Handbook of Student Affairs Administration
• A History of American Higher Education, 2nd Edition
• College Students in the United States: Characteristics, Experiences, and Outcomes
• American Higher Education in the Twenty-First Century: Social, Political, and Economic Challenges
• Designing for Learning: Creating Campus Environments for Student Success
• Critical Perspectives on Student Development Theory: New Directions for Student Services, Number 154 (J-B SS Single Issue Student Services)
• Contested Issues in Student Affairs: Diverse Perspectives and Respectful Dialogue
• Linking Theory to Practice