BizStore » Books » Life 3.0: Being Human in the Age of Artificial Intelligence
Format: Deckle Edge
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 384
Publication Date: 2017-08-29
Release Date: 2017-08-29
New York Times Best Seller
How will Artificial Intelligence affect crime, war, justice, jobs, society and our very sense of being human? The rise of AI has the potential to transform our future more than any other technology—and there’s nobody better qualified or situated to explore that future than Max Tegmark, an MIT professor who’s helped mainstream research on how to keep AI beneficial.
How can we grow our prosperity through automation without leaving people lacking income or purpose? What career advice should we give today’s kids? How can we make future AI systems more robust, so that they do what we want without crashing, malfunctioning or getting hacked? Should we fear an arms race in lethal autonomous weapons? Will machines eventually outsmart us at all tasks, replacing humans on the job market and perhaps altogether? Will AI help life flourish like never before or give us more power than we can handle?
What sort of future do you want? This book empowers you to join what may be the most important conversation of our time. It doesn’t shy away from the full range of viewpoints or from the most controversial issues—from superintelligence to meaning, consciousness and the ultimate physical limits on life in the cosmos.
• Our Mathematical Universe: My Quest for the Ultimate Nature of Reality
• Superintelligence: Paths, Dangers, Strategies
• Our Final Invention: Artificial Intelligence and the End of the Human Era
• Machine, Platform, Crowd: Harnessing Our Digital Future
• Scale: The Universal Laws of Growth, Innovation, Sustainability, and the Pace of Life in Organisms, Cities, Economies, and Companies
• The Master Algorithm: How the Quest for the Ultimate Learning Machine Will Remake Our World
• The Sentient Machine: The Coming Age of Artificial Intelligence
• Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for Business: A No-Nonsense Guide to Data Driven Technologies
• The Industries of the Future
• Artificial Intelligence with Python: A Comprehensive Guide to Building Intelligent Apps for Python Beginners and Developers