BizStore » Books » The Highly Engaged Classroom: The Classroom Strategies Series (Generating High Levels of Student Attention and Engagement)
BizStore » Book
The Highly Engaged Classroom: The Classroom Strategies Series (Generating High Levels of Student Attention and Engagement)
Binding: Perfect Paperback
Brand: Marzano Research Laboratory
Feature: Marzano Research Laboratory
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Marzano Research Laboratory
Manufacturer: Marzano Research Laboratory
MPN: black & white tables, figures
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 240
Publication Date: 2010-09-30
Publisher: Marzano Research Laboratory
Studio: Marzano Research Laboratory
• Marzano Research Laboratory
If students are not engaged, there is little, if any, chance that they will learn what is being addressed in class. A basic premise of The Highly Engaged Classroom is that student engagement happens as a result of a teacher s careful planning and execution of specific strategies. In other words, student engagement is not serendipitous.
This book was designed as a self-study text that provides an in-depth understanding of how to generate high levels of attention and engagement. Engagement is obviously a central aspect of effective teaching. Using the suggestions presented in this book, every teacher can create a classroom environment in which engagement is the norm instead of the exception.
Part of the Classroom Strategies That Work library, this clear, highly practical guide follows the series format, first summarizing key research and then translating it into recommendations for classroom practice. In addition to the explanations and examples of engagement strategies, each chapter includes helpful exercises to reinforce the reader's understanding of the content.
Because research and theory can provide only a general direction for classroom practice, The Highly Engaged Classroom (and each book in the series) goes one step further to translate that research into applications for the classroom. Specifically, it addresses four emblematic questions students ask themselves, the answers to which determine how involved students are in classroom activities: How do I feel?, Am I interested?, Is this important?, and Can I do this? For each of these four emblematic questions, specific classroom strategies are provided in chapters 2 through 5.
• The New Art and Science of Teaching: More Than Fifty New Instructional Strategies for Student Success (Teaching Methods for Competency-Based ... New Art and Science of Teaching Book Series)
• Formative Assessment and Standards-Based Grading: The Classroom Strategies Series (Designing an Effective System of Assessment and Grading to Enhance ... Learning) (Classroom Strategies That Work)
• Designing and Teaching Learning Goals and Objectives: Classroom Strategies That Work
• Classroom Management That Works: Research-Based Strategies for Every Teacher
• Designing Groupwork: Strategies for the Heterogeneous Classroom
• 21st Century Skills: Rethinking How Students Learn (Leading Edge)
• Becoming a Reflective Teacher (Identifying Instructional Strengths and Weaknesses to Improve Teaching) (Classroom Strategies)
• Questioning Sequences in the Classroom (Classroom Strategies Series)
• The Differentiated Classroom: Responding to the Needs of All Learners, 2nd Edition
• Engagement by Design: Creating Learning Environments Where Students Thrive (Corwin Literacy)