BizStore » Books » What Foster Parents Need to Know: Keeping a Journal, Handling Allegations, Adoption Subsidies, and More
BizStore » Book
What Foster Parents Need to Know: Keeping a Journal, Handling Allegations, Adoption Subsidies, and More
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Brigittine Press, The
Manufacturer: Brigittine Press, The
Number Of Pages: 64
Publication Date: 2015-01-05
Publisher: Brigittine Press, The
Studio: Brigittine Press, The
Caring for children damaged by abuse and delay is a tough and often thankless job. What Foster Parents Need to Know is a no-nonsense book by professionals and foster parents about how to navigate the system, deal with problem behavior, and be effective.
A brief opening section describes how to keep a journal online or in a handy notebook. Keeping such a diary is easy and will provide valuable documentation for dealing with allegations, going to court in disputed adoptions, and preparing a Life Book. Also included is information on the five important adoption subsidies, tips on discipline, how to make your voice heard as a foster parent, and more. A practical resource for all foster parents, especially those who hope to adopt.
• The Foster Parenting Toolbox
• Another Place at the Table
• The Foster Parenting Manual: A Practical Guide to Creating a Loving, Safe and Stable Home
• Attachment and Bonding in the Foster and Adopted Child
• The Connected Child: Bring hope and healing to your adoptive family
• Faith & Foster Care: How We Impact God's Kingdom
• Three Little Words: A Memoir
• Bonding and the Case for Permanence: Preventing mental illness, crime, and homelessness among children in foster care and adoption. A guide for attorneys, judges, therapists and child welfare.
• A Guide to Foster Parenting: Everything But the Kids!
• Wounded Children, Healing Homes: How Traumatized Children Impact Adoptive and Foster Families