BizStore » Books » The Children Are Free: Reexamining the Biblical Evidence on Same-sex Relationships
Brand: LifeJourney Press
Edition: Softcover Ed
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: LifeJourney Press
Manufacturer: LifeJourney Press
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 106
Publication Date: 2002-04-02
Publisher: LifeJourney Press
Studio: LifeJourney Press
In The Children Are Free, Rev. Jeff Miner and John Tyler Connoley offer a comprehensive yet easy-to-read examination of the biblical evidence regarding loving same-sex relationships and God's attitude toward them.
In Chapter One, the authors lead the reader through a discussion of each of the six passages traditionally used against gay, lesbian, and bisexual people. They demonstrate how an anti-gay interpretation is a misapplication of these scriptures.
In Chapter Two, Miner and Connoley turn our attention to the biblical stories and passages that affirm loving same-sex relationships. Did you know Jesus once met a gay person? Jesus' loving response is just one of the well-researched stories presented in this chapter.
Chapter Three asks readers to take seriously the call of Jesus to think more deeply about biblical rules.
And Chapter Four calls Christians to action, making a connection between the conflicts in the early Church and those occurring within the Church today.
This book belongs in the library of any Christian questioning the role of Scripture in the lives of gay, lesbian, and bisexual people, or the role of GLB people in the Church.
• Torn: Rescuing the Gospel from the Gays-vs.-Christians Debate
• God and the Gay Christian: The Biblical Case in Support of Same-Sex Relationships
• UnClobber: Rethinking Our Misuse of the Bible on Homosexuality
• Stranger at the Gate: To Be Gay and Christian in America
• What the Bible Really Says about Homosexuality
• Jesus, the Bible, and Homosexuality, Revised and Expanded Edition: Explode the Myths, Heal the Church
• What Does the Bible Really Teach about Homosexuality?
• Bible, Gender, Sexuality: Reframing the Church's Debate on Same-Sex Relationships
• God Believes in Love: Straight Talk About Gay Marriage
• Charity Detox: What Charity Would Look Like If We Cared About Results