BizStore » Books » Foul Ball
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Bulldog Publishing
Manufacturer: Bulldog Publishing
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 354
Publication Date: 2010-01-01
Publisher: Bulldog Publishing
Studio: Bulldog Publishing
Foul Ball is the behind-the-scenes story of Bouton's efforts to save Wahconah Park, one of the oldest ballparks in the United States, located in Pittsfield, Massachusetts, not far from his home in the Berkshires. With his trademark wit and distinctive voice, Bouton recounts his battle against the local power elite, who wanted to build a new stadium to replace Wahconah Park, a project the citizens had voted against three different times.But Foul Ball is more than a hilarious romp about saving an old ballpark. In a detailed diary-his first since Ball Four-Bouton takes us along on his wild ride, into the teeth of corporate malfeasance, anti-democratic process, the tyranny of a one-newspaper town, and the real reason why the good old boys wanted to build a new stadium.
• I'm Glad You Didn't Take It Personally.
• Strike Zone
• I Managed Good, But Boy Did They Play Bad. 1973. Cloth with dustjacket.
• Ball Four: Twentieth Anniversary Edition
• Ball Four: The Final Pitch
• I'm Glad You Didn't Take it Personally
• Ball Four, Plus Ball Five: An Update, 1970-1980
• The Greatest Summer: The Remarkable Story of Jim Bouton's Comeback to Major League Baseball