BizStore » Books » Draw 3-D
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 64
Publication Date: 2000-09-30
• Brand New Item / Unopened Product
• North Light Books
3-D means "three dimensional."
It's easy to draw from side to side on your paper, using its width. It's easy to draw from top to bottom on your paper, using its height. But how do you draw something going away from you, into the distance? How do you create depth (the third dimension) in your drawing?
What I want to teach you is linear perspective, a technique first developed almost 500 years ago, during the Renaissance. As you flip through my illustrations, this may seem like really complicated and technical stuff. And it is ... sort of. Those clever artists who figured this out weren't trying to make your life easy! They only wanted to make realistic pictures.
Fortunately, you'll find that the basics really are pretty simple. Better, you don't need much beyond the basics to make some pretty cool drawings. Best of all, perspective can make your drawings look real in a way you can't achieve without it.
You'll need a few supplies, some patience, and a positive attitude. Expect to make mistakes as you learn, and keep a smile on your face: with each mistake you learn another way not to do it!
What you need...
Find a comfortable place to draw - with decent light, so you can see what you're doing.
• Art for Kids: Drawing: The Only Drawing Book You'll Ever Need to Be the Artist You've Always Wanted to Be
• Draw 50 Animals: The Step-by-Step Way to Draw Elephants, Tigers, Dogs, Fish, Birds, and Many More...
• The Art of 3D Drawing: An illustrated and photographic guide to creating art with three-dimensional realism
• How to Draw Cool Stuff: Shading, Textures and Optical Illusions
• How to Draw Cool Things, Optical Illusions, 3D Letters, Cartoons and Stuff: A Cool Drawing Guide for Older Kids, Teens, Teachers, and Students (Drawing for Kids) (Volume 9)
• How to Draw Cool Stuff: A Drawing Guide for Teachers and Students
• KLUTZ Draw It 3D Toy
• Drawing Dimension - Shading Techniques: A Shading Guide for Teachers and Students (How to Draw Cool Stuff)
• How to Draw People (Dover How to Draw)
• How to Draw Faces (Dover How to Draw)