BizStore » Books » Healing The Child Within: Discovery and Recovery for Adult Children of Dysfunctional Families
BizStore » Book
Healing The Child Within: Discovery and Recovery for Adult Children of Dysfunctional Families
Brand: Health Communications, Inc.
Feature: Great product!
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Health Communications, Inc.
Manufacturer: Health Communications, Inc.
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 151
Publication Date: 1987-04-01
Publisher: Health Communications, Inc.
Release Date: 1987-04-01
Studio: Health Communications, Inc.
• Great product!
Have you ever heard of your inner child? Well, this is the classic book that started it all.
In 1987, Charlie Whitfield's breakthrough concept of the child within—that part of us which is truly alive, energetic, creative and fulfilled—launched the inner child movement. Healing the Child Within describes how the inner child is lost to trauma and loss, and how by recovering it, we can heal the fear, confusion and unhappiness of adult life.
Eighteen years and more than a million copies sold later, Healing the Child Within is a perennial selling classic in the field of psychology. And it is even more timely today than it was in 1987. Recent brain research, particularly on the effects of trauma on the brain of developing children, has supported Whitfield's intuitive understanding as a psychiatrist.
About HCI Recovery Classics
HCI's recovery backlist contains some of the most important and best-selling works in the recovery field. These books are still sought after today, selling more than 100,000 copies per year. Our new line of branded books features expanded editions of our top recovery titles, new introductions, updates on pertinent recent developments in the field, and contemporary new covers and packaging.
• A Gift to Myself: A Personal Workbook and Guide to "Healing the Child Within"
• Healing the Shame that Binds You (Recovery Classics)
• The Inner Child Workbook: What to do with your past when it just won't go away
• Boundaries and Relationships: Knowing, Protecting and Enjoying the Self
• Homecoming: Reclaiming and Championing Your Inner Child
• Recovery of Your Inner Child: The Highly Acclaimed Method for Liberating Your Inner Self
• Bradshaw On: The Family: A New Way of Creating Solid Self-Esteem
• An Adult Child's Guide to What's 'Normal'
• Wisdom to Know the Difference: Core Issues in Relationships, Recovery and Living
• Adult Children Secrets of Dysfunctional Families: The Secrets of Dysfunctional Families