BizStore » Books » DMT: The Spirit Molecule: A Doctor's Revolutionary Research into the Biology of Near-Death and Mystical Experiences
BizStore » Book
DMT: The Spirit Molecule: A Doctor's Revolutionary Research into the Biology of Near-Death and Mystical Experiences
Feature: Dmt: The Spirit Molecule : A Doctor's Revolutionary Research into the Biology of Near-Death and Mystical Experience
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Park Street Press
Manufacturer: Park Street Press
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 358
Publication Date: 2001-01
Publisher: Park Street Press
Release Date: 2000-12-01
Studio: Park Street Press
• Dmt: The Spirit Molecule : A Doctor's Revolutionary Research into the Biology of Near-Death and Mystical Experience
A clinical psychiatrist explores the effects of DMT, one of the most powerful psychedelics known.
• A behind-the-scenes look at the cutting edge of psychedelic research.
• Provides a unique scientific explanation for the phenomenon of alien abduction experiences.
From 1990 to 1995 Dr. Rick Strassman conducted U.S. Government-approved and funded clinical research at the University of New Mexico in which he injected sixty volunteers with DMT, one of the most powerful psychedelics known. His detailed account of those sessions is an extraordinarily riveting inquiry into the nature of the human mind and the therapeutic potential of psychedelics. DMT, a plant-derived chemical found in the psychedelic Amazon brew, ayahuasca, is also manufactured by the human brain. In Strassman's volunteers, it consistently produced near-death and mystical experiences. Many reported convincing encounters with intelligent nonhuman presences, aliens, angels, and spirits. Nearly all felt that the sessions were among the most profound experiences of their lives.
Strassman's research connects DMT with the pineal gland, considered by Hindus to be the site of the seventh chakra and by Rene Descartes to be the seat of the soul. DMT: The Spirit Molecule makes the bold case that DMT, naturally released by the pineal gland, facilitates the soul's movement in and out of the body and is an integral part of the birth and death experiences, as well as the highest states of meditation and even sexual transcendence. Strassman also believes that "alien abduction experiences" are brought on by accidental releases of DMT. If used wisely, DMT could trigger a period of remarkable progress in the scientific exploration of the most mystical regions of the human mind and soul.
• Food of the Gods: The Search for the Original Tree of Knowledge A Radical History of Plants, Drugs, and Human Evolution
• True Hallucinations: Being an Account of the Author's Extraordinary Adventures in the Devil's Paradise
• Inner Paths to Outer Space: Journeys to Alien Worlds through Psychedelics and Other Spiritual Technologies
• DMT and the Soul of Prophecy: A New Science of Spiritual Revelation in the Hebrew Bible
• The Doors of Perception and Heaven and Hell
• Fingerprints of the Gods
• The God Molecule: 5-MeO-DMT and the Spiritual Path to the Divine Light
• The Archaic Revival: Speculations on Psychedelic Mushrooms, the Amazon, Virtual Reality, UFOs, Evolution, Shamanism, the Rebirth of the Goddess, and the End of History
• Cosmic Serpent: DNA and the Origins of Knowledge
• Magicians of the Gods: Updated and Expanded Edition - Sequel to the International Bestseller Fingerprints of the Gods