BizStore » Books » Mountain Bike Magazine's Complete Guide To Mountain Biking Skills: Expert Tips On Conquering Curves, Corners, Dips, Descents, Hills, Water Hazards, And Other All-Terrain Challenges
BizStore » Book
Mountain Bike Magazine's Complete Guide To Mountain Biking Skills: Expert Tips On Conquering Curves, Corners, Dips, Descents, Hills, Water Hazards, And Other All-Terrain Challenges
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Rodale Books
Manufacturer: Rodale Books
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 208
Publication Date: 1996-02-15
Publisher: Rodale Books
Release Date: 1996-02-15
Studio: Rodale Books
Mountain Bike Magazine's Complete Guide To Mountain Biking Skills by the editors of Mountain Bike Magazine and Bicycling Magazine offers expert tips on conquering curves, corners, dips, descents, hills, water hazards and other all-terrain challenges.
Hit the dirt!
From breaking to bunny hopping, speed jumping to switchbacks-- here are the skills you need to catch big air and experience the best of off-road riding.
* Selecting the right rig for you and your budget.
* Step-by-step drills for clearing obstacles, popping wheelies and more.
* How to hammer it and ride faster than you ever thought possible.
* Seven ways to stay alive by avoiding face plants, biffs and other crash landings.
* All-weather strategies for plowing through mud, rain and snow.
* Pro advice on entering your first off-road race.
* Riding responsibly to save the trails.
* Planning the perfect tour and enjoying a fat-tire vacation.
* Tons more practical info for aspiring and die-hard dirtheads.
You also get skill-building techniques and strategies from world-class mountain bikers, including
* Ned Overend, six-time NORBA national champion
* John Tomac, 1994 NORBA downhill champion
* Juli Furtado, 1995 World Cup champion
* Missy Giove, 1994 world downhill champion
* Tinker Juarez, 1994 NORBA national champion
* Mike King, 1993 world downhill champion
If road riding is the arrogant godfather of the cycling world, mountain biking is the fun-loving, black-sheep stepson. The Mountain Bike magazine editors reflect this spirit, tuning their highly accessible guide to both those with dreams of widowmaker descents as well as others just looking for a pleasant Sunday spin on scenic dirt roads. Breaking the sport down into lively yet informative chapters--complete with cartoons and amusing anecdotes--they cover the basics and then some. All technical skills are addressed, including bunny hopping, high-speed cornering, and the terribly elegant nose wheelie. The guide also includes a comprehensive section on cycling fitness and customizing a training program for would-be racers. No one is alienated here, but if you fancy yourself an expert rider, you might want to look elsewhere. This guide is geared more toward the novice whose journey has only just begun. --Ben Tiffany
• Mastering Mountain Bike Skills
• Mountain Bike!: A Manual of Beginning to Advanced Technique
• Zinn & the Art of Road Bike Maintenance: The World's Best-Selling Bicycle Repair and Maintenance Guide
• Mastering Mountain Bike Skills - 2nd Edition
• Bicycling Magazine's Mountain Biking Skills: Tactics, Tips, and Techniques to Master Any Terrain
• WD-40 Bike Chain Lube, Bike Wash, Chain Cleaner & Degreaser, Dry Lube, Wet Lube
• Mountain Bike Like a Champion