BizStore » Books » Your Life as Story: Discovering the "New Autobiography" and Writing Memoir as Literature
BizStore » Book
Your Life as Story: Discovering the "New Autobiography" and Writing Memoir as Literature
Edition: 1st Trade Paperback ed
Feature: Autobiography writing memoir as literature.
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 368
Publication Date: 1998-04-13
Release Date: 1998-04-13
• Autobiography writing memoir as literature.
In Your Life As Story, autobiography expert Tristine Rainer explains how we can all find the important messages in our lives. Like Mary Karr or Frank McCourt, we can shape those stories into dramatic narratives that are compelling to others. Blending literary scholarship with practical coaching, Rainer shares her remarkable techniques for finding the essentials of story structure within your life's scattered experiences. Most important, she explains how to treasure the struggles in your past and discover the meaning within those experiences to capture the unique myth at work in your life.
Every person's life tells a story, but few of us dare to consider our own story worthy of being written. Tristine Rainer shows us how to apply the structure of story telling to an ordinary life to give it shape, meaning, and clarity. Learning the tricks to becoming a better autobiographic writer may not lead to getting published, nor should that be the goal. Rather, it is a process that helps us re-remember the past so that we can better understand the meaning of the present.
• Writing the Memoir: From Truth to Art, Second Edit
• Writing Life Stories: How To Make Memories Into Memoirs, Ideas Into Essays And Life Into Literature
• The Memoir Project: A Thoroughly Non-Standardized Text for Writing & Life
• The New Diary: How to Use a Journal for Self-Guidance and Expanded Creativity
• How to Write a Memoir in 30 Days: Step-by-Step Instructions for Creating and Publishing Your Personal Story
• Writing About Your Life: A Journey into the Past
• The Art of Memoir
• Old Friend from Far Away: The Practice of Writing Memoir
• The Right to Write: An Invitation and Initiation into the Writing Life
• How to Write Your Own Life Story: The Classic Guide for the Nonprofessional Writer