BizStore » Books » On the War for Greek Freedom: Selections from The Histories (Hackett Classics)
Brand: Brand: Hackett Pub Co
Edition: 1st Paperback Edition
Feature: Used Book in Good Condition
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Hackett Publishing Company, Inc.
Manufacturer: Hackett Publishing Company, Inc.
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 232
Publication Date: 2003-03-15
Publisher: Hackett Publishing Company, Inc.
Studio: Hackett Publishing Company, Inc.
• Used Book in Good Condition
Designed for students with little or no background in ancient Greek language, history, and culture, this new abridgment presents those selections that comprise Herodotus’ historical narrative. These are meticulously annotated, and supplemented with a chronology of the Archaic Age, Historical Epilogue, glossary of main characters and places, index of proper names, and maps.
• On Justice, Power, and Human Nature: Selections from The History of the Peloponnesian War (Hackett Classics)
• Alexander The Great: Selections From Arrian, Diodorus, Plutarch, And Quintus Curtius
• Lysistrata and Other Plays (Penguin Classics)
• Electra, Phoenician Women, Bacchae, and Iphigenia at Aulis (Hackett Classics)
• Analects: With Selections from Traditional Commentaries (Hackett Classics)
• Plato: Five Dialogues: Euthyphro, Apology, Crito, Meno, Phaedo (Hackett Classics)
• The Twelve Caesars
• The Three Theban Plays: Antigone; Oedipus the King; Oedipus at Colonus
• Gilgamesh: A New English Version
• The Essential Iliad