BizStore » Books » What Research Has to Say About Reading Instruction, Fourth Edition
Brand: Brand: International Reading Association
Feature: Used Book in Good Condition
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: International Reading Association
Manufacturer: International Reading Association
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 384
Publication Date: 2011-04-22
Publisher: International Reading Association
Studio: International Reading Association
• Used Book in Good Condition
The new edition of this classic research review offers a broad and balanced perspective of the latest theory, research, and practice to provide a solid foundation for the important work of teaching students to read.
Chapters such as ''Implementing a Response to Intervention Model to Improve Reading Outcomes for All Students,'' ''Integrating Reading Strategies and Knowledge Building in Adolescent Literacy Instruction,'' and ''Reading Engagement Among African American and European American Students'' reflect changes and current thinking in the field. Others focus on core and timeless elements of reading instruction, such as word recognition, fluency, and comprehension.
Following in the tradition of previous editions, the editors give readers the opportunity to learn from the experts, with contributions from todays most influential scholars. The chapter-ending reflection questions will spark discussion in teacher education classes or school-based professional development.
This collection is highly readable and keeps the teacher-and the work of teaching students to read-at the forefront, making it a powerful resource for teachers and teacher educators.
The International Reading Association is the world's premier organization of literacy professionals. Our titles promote reading by providing professional development to continuously advance the quality of literacy instruction and research.
Research-based, classroom-tested, and peer-reviewed, IRA titles are among the highest quality tools that help literacy professionals do their jobs better.
Some of the many areas we publish in include:
• Best Practices in Literacy Instruction, Fifth Edition
• Threads of Reading: Strategies for Literacy Development
• Improving Reading: Strategies, Resources and Common Core Connections
• Developing Readers and Writers in the Content Areas K-12 (6th Edition)
• The Literacy Coachs Survival Guide: Essential Questions and Practical Answers, 2nd Edition
• 4: Handbook of Reading Research, Volume IV
• Lenses on Reading, Second Edition: An Introduction to Theories and Models
• Lenses on Reading, Third Edition: An Introduction to Theories and Models
• Creating Literacy Instruction for All Students (8th Edition)
• Young Adult Literature: Exploration, Evaluation, and Appreciation (3rd Edition)