BizStore » Books » Informed Choices for Struggling Adolescent Readers: A Research-Based Guide to Instructional Programs and Practices
BizStore » Book
Informed Choices for Struggling Adolescent Readers: A Research-Based Guide to Instructional Programs and Practices
Brand: Brand: Intl Reading Assn
Feature: Used Book in Good Condition
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Intl Reading Assn
Manufacturer: Intl Reading Assn
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 264
Publication Date: 2007-05-07
Publisher: Intl Reading Assn
Studio: Intl Reading Assn
• Used Book in Good Condition
This comprehensive resource arms classroom teachers and administrators with information to meet today's adolescent literacy challenges.
In Part I, the authors highlight research on what works with adolescent learners and discuss how to implement instructional programs to fit the unique needs of your school or district. Part II presents a directory of more than 40 programs designed for middle and secondary students. Each program description includes
-An overview of the instructional approach
Summary charts offer a quick way to identify programs suitable for particular students typically developing, advanced, struggling, those with learning disabilities, or English learners, all by grade level or that include specific features.
The International Reading Association is the world's premier organization of literacy professionals. Our titles promote reading by providing professional development to continuously advance the quality of literacy instruction and research.
Research-based, classroom-tested, and peer-reviewed, IRA titles are among the highest quality tools that help literacy professionals do their jobs better.
Some of the many areas we publish in include:
• Teaching Reading Comprehension to Students with Learning Difficulties, 2/E (What Works for Special-Needs Learners)
• Intervention Strategies to Follow Informal Reading Inventory Assessment: So What Do I Do Now? (2nd Edition)
• Reading Assessment and Instruction for All Learners (Solving Problems in the Teaching of Literacy)
• Taking Action on Adolescent Literacy: An Implementation Guide for School Leaders
• Cultivating Coaching Mindsets: An Action Guide for Literacy Leaders