BizStore » Books » Values-based Coaching: A Guide for Social Workers and Other Human Service Professionals
BizStore » Book
Values-based Coaching: A Guide for Social Workers and Other Human Service Professionals
Brand: Brand: NASW Press
Feature: Used Book in Good Condition
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: NASW Press
Manufacturer: NASW Press
Number Of Pages: 290
Publication Date: 2010-02-15
Publisher: NASW Press
Studio: NASW Press
• Used Book in Good Condition
As the first book to be published on coaching specifically for social workers, Values-Based Coaching gives voice to the social work profession on a controversial topic that presents tremendous opportunities for bringing about positive change. Health care and human service professionals in other disciplines will also benefit from its theoretical grounding and practical information on coaching with diverse clientele.
Voted 'Top 10 Business Coach' by Women's Business Boston, a division of the Boston Herald, Marilyn Edelson drew upon her considerable experience as a licensed social worker and business coach in private practice to write Values-Based Coaching. The book presents a historical overview, business case, theoretical foundations, and practical skills pertinent to the field of coaching.
With its fresh perspective and broad appeal, Values-Based Coaching is useful to a wide range of social service and health care professionals interested in learning about an emerging profession which, in spite of global economic woes, is thriving in the areas of health care and nonprofit management. The book is useful not only as a print or digital text book for courses and teleconferences in social work, nursing, medicine, psychology, counseling, management consulting, and education, but also as a practical guide for practitioners who are starting and building coaching consultancies of their own.
NASW Press, a division of National Association of Social Workers (NASW), is a leading scholarly press in the social sciences. We serve faculty, practitioners, agencies, libraries, clinicians, and researchers throughout the United States and abroad.
Known for attracting expert authors, the NASW Press delivers professional information to hundreds of thousands of readers through its scholarly journals, books, and reference works.
Some of the areas we publish in include:
-Social work in the field of aging
• Flawless Consulting: A Guide to Getting Your Expertise Used
• The Flawless Consulting Fieldbook and Companion : A Guide Understanding Your Expertise
• Strengths Based Leadership: Great Leaders, Teams, and Why People Follow
• Leadership: Theory and Practice, 7th Edition
• Policy Paradox: The Art of Political Decision Making (Third Edition)
• Winning Grants Step by Step: The Complete Workbook for Planning, Developing and Writing Successful Proposals
• Designing and Managing Programs: An Effectiveness-Based Approach (SAGE Sourcebooks for the Human Services)
• Innovation Dynamics: Quick-Start Guide + Online Course
• Ending Human Trafficking and Modern-Day Slavery: Freedom′s Journey
• Program Evaluation for Social Workers: Foundations of Evidence-Based Programs