BizStore » Books » Barefoot Gen Volume 3: Hardcover Edition
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Last Gasp
Manufacturer: Last Gasp
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 266
Publication Date: 2016-10-15
Publisher: Last Gasp
Studio: Last Gasp
Beautiful new hardcover edition of Barefoot Gen Volume Three! Striking new design with special sturdy binding.
Barefoot Gen is the powerful, tragic, autobiographical story of the bombing of Hiroshima and its aftermath, seen through the eyes of the artist as a young boy growing up in Japan. The honest portrayal of emotions and experiences speaks to children and adults everywhere. Nakazawa's manga illustrates the true impact of nuclear weapons when used against a civilian population. It is vital reading for people of all ages, and especially for today's youth. By keeping this tragedy in our collective consciousness, we can strive to never repeat it and guide humanity towards a course of peace.
Barefoot Gen Volume Three –" Life After the Bomb " –picks up the story with Gen, his mother and his baby brother searching for a place to rest in the bomb's aftermath. Facing rejection, hunger, and humiliation, they realize that they still have –and can share –three crucial possessions: their self-respect, hope and inner strength.
• Barefoot Gen Volume 4: Hardcover Edition
• Barefoot Gen Volume 2: Hardcover Edition
• Barefoot Gen, Vol. 2: The Day After
• Barefoot Gen, Vol. 1: A Cartoon Story of Hiroshima
• Barefoot Gen Volume 1: Hardcover Edition
• Barefoot Gen Volume Five: The Never-Ending War (Paperback)
• Barefoot Gen, Vol. 4: Out of the Ashes
• Barefoot Gen Volume 6: Hardcover Edition
• Barefoot Gen Volume 7: Hardcover Edition
• Barefoot Gen Volume 5: Hardcover Edition