BizStore » Books » Barefoot Gen Volume 3: Hardcover Edition
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Last Gasp
Manufacturer: Last Gasp
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 266
Publication Date: 2016-10-15
Publisher: Last Gasp
Studio: Last Gasp
Beautiful new hardcover edition of Barefoot Gen Volume Three! Striking new design with special sturdy binding for institutional use.
August 6, 2015 marked the 70th anniversary of the dropping of the atomic bomb on Hiroshima. Today, the danger posed by nuclear weapons is as great as ever, yet few people survive who witnessed their horror. To mark the event, and honor Keiji Nakazawa's incredible work, Last Gasp created a special set of Barefoot Gen, volumes 1-4 for institutional use. Nakazawa's manga illustrates the true impact of nuclear weapons when used against a civilian population. It is vital reading for people of all ages, and especially for today's youth. By keeping this tragedy in our collective consciousness, we can strive to never repeat it and guide humanity towards a course of peace.
Barefoot Gen Volume Three –"Life After the Bomb" –picks up the story with Gen, his mother and his baby brother searching for a place to rest in the bomb's aftermath. Facing rejection, hunger, and humiliation, they come to realize that they still have –and can share –three crucial possessions: their self-respect, their hope, and their inner strength.
• Barefoot Gen Volume 4: Hardcover Edition
• Barefoot Gen Volume 2: Hardcover Edition
• Barefoot Gen, Vol. 2: The Day After
• Barefoot Gen, Vol. 1: A Cartoon Story of Hiroshima
• Barefoot Gen Volume Five: The Never-Ending War (Paperback)
• Barefoot Gen Volume 1: Hardcover Edition: A Cartoon Story of Hiroshima
• Barefoot Gen, Vol. 4: Out of the Ashes
• Barefoot Gen Volume 6: Hardcover Edition
• Barefoot Gen Volume 7: Hardcover Edition
• Barefoot Gen Volume 5: Hardcover Edition