BizStore » Books » The Church of Mercy
Brand: Loyola Press
Edition: First English Language Edition
Feature: Great product!
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Loyola Press
Manufacturer: Loyola Press
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 168
Publication Date: 2014-04-25
Publisher: Loyola Press
Studio: Loyola Press
• Great product!
"A magnificent book, bursting with profound spiritual insights, from a man who has quickly become one of the greatest spiritual teachers of our time." --James Martin, SJ, author of Jesus: A Pilgrimage
In the year since he was elected, Pope Francis’s simple message of mercy, service, and renewal has spread to every corner of the world. Through his gentle demeanor, selfless actions, and welcoming call for service to others, Pope Francis has captured the attention of a world longing for an authentic message of hope—we want to hear what he has to say.
Collected from Pope Francis’s speeches, homilies, and papers presented during the first year of his papacy, The Church of Mercy is the first Vatican-authorized book detailing his vision for the Catholic Church. From how to be citizens of the world to answering God’s call for evangelization, Pope Francis's deep wisdom reminds us that the Church must move beyond its own walls and joyfully bring God's mercy wherever suffering, division, or injustice exists.
Named TIME Magazine’s 2013 “Person of the Year,” Pope Francis is helping the Church continue toward an authentic Christianity that is faithful to the Gospel and resonant with the world’s greatest needs. The Church of Mercy encourages each of us to ignite the flame within to help share the light of Christ and revitalize the Church.
• The Name of God Is Mercy
• A Year of Mercy with Pope Francis: Daily Reflections
• The Joy of the Gospel (Specially Priced Hardcover Edition): Evangelii Gaudium
• The Name of God Is Mercy (Random House Large Print)
• The Holy Year of Mercy: A Faith-Sharing Guide With Reflections by Pope Francis
• Walking with Jesus: A Way Forward for the Church
• A Concise Guide to the Documents of Vatican II
• The Great Reformer: Francis and the Making of a Radical Pope
• The Works of Mercy: The Heart of Catholicism
• Mercy in the City: How to Feed the Hungry, Give Drink to the Thirsty, Visit the Imprisoned, and Keep Your Day Job