BizStore » Books » The Wesleyan Anthology of Science Fiction
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 792
Publication Date: 2010-08-01
The Wesleyan Anthology of Science Fiction features over a 150 years’ worth of the best science fiction ever collected in a single volume. The fifty-two stories and critical introductions are organized chronologically as well as thematically for classroom use. Filled with luminous ideas, otherworldly adventures, and startling futuristic speculations, these stories will appeal to all readers as they chart the emergence and evolution of science fiction as a modern literary genre. They also provide a fascinating look at how our Western technoculture has imaginatively expressed its hopes and fears from the Industrial Revolution of the nineteenth century to the digital age of today. A free online teacher’s guide at http://sfanthology.site.wesleyan.edu/ accompanies the anthology and offers access to a host of pedagogical aids for using this book in an academic setting.
The stories in this anthology have been selected and introduced by the editors of Science Fiction Studies, the world’s most respected journal for the critical study of science fiction.
• The Science Fiction Hall of Fame, Vol. 1: 1929-1964
• Science Fiction: A Very Short Introduction
• Herland (Dover Thrift Editions)
• The Left Hand of Darkness
• Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?: The inspiration for the films Blade Runner and Blade Runner 2049
• Writing Research Papers: A Complete Guide, 15th Edition
• The Seven Beauties of Science Fiction
• Her Smoke Rose Up Forever
• The Science Fiction Hall of Fame, Volume Two A: The Greatest Science Fiction Novellas of All Time Chosen by the Members of The Science Fiction Writers of America (SF Hall of Fame)