BizStore » Books » Critical Issues In Rural Health
List Price: $126.95Manufacturer: Wiley-Blackwell
Our Price: $126.95
Availability: Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your credit card will not be charged until we ship the item.
Brand: Brand: Wiley-Blackwell
Feature: Used Book in Good Condition
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 302
Publication Date: 2004-05-31
• Used Book in Good Condition
A large sector of the United States (U.S.) population. About 22 percent of Americans, approximately 55 million people, are considered “rural” residents. Rural people have a unique set of health issues; they experience social, cultural, and economic disadvantages that can increase their risk for adverse health consequences.
The first text of its kind, Critical Issues in Rural Health, provides comprehensive sociological study of rural health and health care trends in the United States, by examining the health and well-being of rural populations at all stages of life. Editors Glasgow, Morton, and Johnson present integrative reviews of theory and research on rural health issues, with the most up-to-date statistics of empirical research. This informative and groundbreaking text goes beyond the scope of previous studies and emphasizes differences between rural and urban areas in health and health care. Surprisingly little research has examined the differences in disability and morality rates by residence or degree of rurality-this book does. In additon, contributing authors report on the impact of age or life stage, race and ethnicity, social class, rural occupations, and community structure on various health issues.
• Public Health Nursing: Population-Centered Health Care in the Community, 9e
• Porth's Pathophysiology: Concepts of Altered Health States(Ninth Edition)
• Ethical Issues in Rural Health Care
• Aging Well: Gerontological Education for Nurses and Other Health Professionals
• Understanding Research for Evidence-Based Practice
• Rural Populations and Health: Determinants, Disparities, and Solutions
• Gods and Vampires: Return to Chipaya
• Guests of the Sheik: An Ethnography of an Iraqi Village
• From the Bush: The Front Line of Health Care in a Caribbean Village (Case Studies in Cultural Anthropology)
• Essentials of Nursing Leadership & Management (with Premium Web Site Printed Access Card)