BizStore » Books » Engine of Impact: Essentials of Strategic Leadership in the Nonprofit Sector
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Stanford Business Books
Manufacturer: Stanford Business Books
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 280
Publication Date: 2017-11-14
Publisher: Stanford Business Books
Studio: Stanford Business Books
We are entering a new era―an era of impact. The largest intergenerational transfer of wealth in history will soon be under way, bringing with it the potential for huge increases in philanthropic funding. Engine of Impact shows how nonprofits can apply the principles of strategic leadership to attract greater financial support and leverage that funding to maximum effect.
As Good to Great author Jim Collins writes in his foreword, this book offers "a detailed roadmap of disciplined thought and action for turning a good nonprofit into one that can achieve great impact at scale."
William F. Meehan III and Kim Starkey Jonker identify seven essential components of strategic leadership that set high-achieving organizations apart from the rest of the nonprofit sector. Together, these components form an "engine of impact"―a system that organizations must build, tune, and fuel if they hope to make a real difference in the world.
Drawing on decades of teaching, advising, grantmaking, and research, Meehan and Jonker provide an actionable guide that executives, staff, board members, and donors can use to jumpstart their own performance and to achieve extraordinary results for their organization. Along with setting forth best practices using real-world examples, the authors outline common management challenges faced by nonprofits, showing how these challenges differ from those faced by for-profit businesses in important and often-overlooked ways.
By offering crucial insights on the fundamentals of nonprofit management, this book will help leaders equip their organizations to fire on all cylinders and unleash the full potential of the nonprofit sector. Visit www.engineofimpact.org for additional information.
• The Fourth Age: Smart Robots, Conscious Computers, and the Future of Humanity
• Social Startup Success: How the Best Nonprofits Launch, Scale Up, and Make a Difference
• The Regenerative Business: Redesign Work, Cultivate Human Potential, Achieve Extraordinary Outcomes
• Generation Impact: How Next Gen Donors Are Revolutionizing Giving
• On Grand Strategy
• Rome: A History in Seven Sackings
• City on the Line
• Good to Great and the Social Sectors: Why Business Thinking is Not the Answer
• Black Fortunes: The Story of the First Six African Americans Who Escaped Slavery and Became Millionaires
• Alone Time: Four Seasons, Four Cities, and the Pleasures of Solitude