BizStore » Books » Aquamarine Blue 5: Personal Stories of College Students with Autism
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Swallow Press
Manufacturer: Swallow Press
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 152
Publication Date: 2002-11-30
Publisher: Swallow Press
Studio: Swallow Press
Rated Outstanding by the American Association of School Libraries
This is the first book to be written by autistic college students about the challenges they face. Aquamarine Blue 5 details the struggle of these highly sensitive students and shows that there are gifts specific to autistic students that enrich the university system, scholarship, and the world as a whole.
Dawn Prince-Hughes presents an array of writings by students who have been diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome or High-Functioning Autism, showing their unique ways of looking at and solving problems. In their own words, they portray how their divergent thinking skills could be put to great use if they were given an opportunity. Many such students never get the chance because the same sensitivity that gives them these insights makes the flicker of fluorescent lights and the sound of chalk on the board unbearable. For simple and easily remedied reasons, we lose these students, who are as gifted as they are challenged.
Aquamarine Blue 5 is a showcase of the strength and resilient character of individuals with Asperger’s Syndrome. It will be an invaluable resource for those touched by this syndrome, their friends and families, and school administrators.
• Developing College Skills in Students with Autism and Asperger's Syndrome
• Autism Spectrum Disorders
• The Parent's Guide to College for Students on the Autism Spectrum
• Realizing the College Dream with Autism or Asperger Syndrome: A Parent's Guide to Student Success
• Succeeding in College with Asperger Syndrome: A student guide
• The Loving Push: How Parents and Professionals Can Help Spectrum Kids Become Successful Adults
• Designing Comprehensive Interventions for High-Functioning Individuals With Autism Spectrum Disorders: The Ziggurat Model-Release 2.0
• The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism
• The Comprehensive Autism Planning System [CAPS] for Individuals with Asperger Syndrome, Autism, and Related Disabilities
• Parties, Dorms and Social Norms: A Crash Course in Safe Living for Young Adults on the Autism Spectrum