BizStore » Books » On Pilgrimage (Ressourcement: Retrieval & Renewal in Catholic Thought)
Brand: Dorothy Day
Edition: Second Printing
Feature: ISBN13: 9780802846297
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co.
Manufacturer: Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co.
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 268
Publication Date: 1999-03-19
Publisher: Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co.
Studio: Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co.
• ISBN13: 9780802846297
• Condition: New
• Notes: BRAND NEW FROM PUBLISHER! 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
These diary entries written by Dorothy Day in 1948 provide an intimate look into Day's personal life as well as essential background for understanding the Catholic Worker movement, which she founded. In this book, Day writes about all facets of her life. Yet whether describing her visits to her daughter's farm or the writings of the saints, a common theme emerges, namely, the gifts of God's love and our need to respond to them with personal and social transformation. The concerns of the Catholic Worker movement are no less vital in our day: the disenfranchised poor, the benefits of the meaningful work, the significance of family, the dangers of increasing commercialism and secularism, the decline of moral standards, and the importance of faith. Available for the first time since it was originally published, this edition includes a foreword by Michael O. Garvey and an introduction by Mark and Louise Zwick that gives an overview of Day's early life and her commitment to the Catholic worker movement.
• Strangers and Sojourners (Children of the Last Days) (v. 1)
• O Pioneers!
• Cold Sassy Tree
• The Portable Dante (Penguin Classics)
• The Power and the Glory (Penguin Classics)
• The Complete Stories (FSG Classics)
• Les Miserables (Penguin Classics)
• Gilead: A Novel
• Above All
• O Pioneers! (Dover Thrift Editions)