BizStore » Books » The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts
Brand: Moody Publishing
Feature: The 5 Love Languages The Secret to Love That Lasts
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Northfield Publishing
Manufacturer: Northfield Publishing
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 208
Publication Date: 2015-01-01
Publisher: Northfield Publishing
Release Date: 2015-01-01
Studio: Northfield Publishing
• The 5 Love Languages The Secret to Love That Lasts
- Over 11 million copies sold
- #1 New York Times Bestseller for 8 years running
- Now celebrating its 25th anniversary
Simple ideas, lasting love
Falling in love is easy. Staying in love—that’s the challenge. How can you keep your relationship fresh and growing amid the demands, conflicts, and just plain boredom of everyday life?
In the #1 New York Times bestseller The 5 Love Languages, you’ll discover the secret that has transformed millions of relationships worldwide. Whether your relationship is flourishing or failing, Dr. Gary Chapman’s proven approach to showing and receiving love will help you experience deeper and richer levels of intimacy with your partner—starting today.
The 5 Love Languages is as practical as it is insightful. Updated to reflect the complexities of relationships today, this new edition reveals intrinsic truths and applies relevant, actionable wisdom in ways that work.
Includes the Couple's Personal Profile assessment so you can discover your love language and that of your loved one.
Unhappiness in marriage often has a simple root cause: we speak different love languages, believes Dr. Gary Chapman. While working as a marriage counselor for more than 30 years, he identified five love languages: Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Receiving Gifts, Acts of Service, and Physical Touch. In a friendly, often humorous style, he unpacks each one. Some husbands or wives may crave focused attention; another needs regular praise. Gifts are highly important to one spouse, while another sees fixing a leaky faucet, ironing a shirt, or cooking a meal as filling their "love tank." Some partners might find physical touch makes them feel valued: holding hands, giving back rubs, and sexual contact. Chapman illustrates each love language with real-life examples from his counseling practice.
How do you discover your spouse’s – and your own – love language? Chapman’s short questionnaires are one of several ways to find out. Throughout the book, he also includes application questions that can be answered more extensively in the beautifully detailed companion leather journal (an exclusive Amazon.com set). Each section of the journal corresponds with a chapter from the book, offering opportunities for deeper reflection on your marriage.
Although some readers may find choosing to love a spouse that they no longer even like –hoping the feelings of affection will follow later– a difficult concept to swallow, Chapman promises that the results will be worth the effort. "Love is a choice," says Chapman. "And either partner can start the process today." --Cindy Crosby. This text refers to the Amazon.com Exclusive Journal & Paperback Book Set.
• The 5 Love Languages for Men: Tools for Making a Good Relationship Great
• The 5 Love Languages of Children: The Secret to Loving Children Effectively
• The 5 Love Languages Singles Edition: The Secret that Will Revolutionize Your Relationships
• The 5 Love Languages of Teenagers: The Secret to Loving Teens Effectively
• Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married
• The 5 Love Languages Military Edition: The Secret to Love That Lasts
• Loving Your Spouse When You Feel Like Walking Away: Real Help for Desperate Hearts in Difficult Marriages
• The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work: A Practical Guide from the Country's Foremost Relationship Expert
• When Sorry Isn't Enough: Making Things Right with Those You Love
• Love & Respect: The Love She Most Desires; The Respect He Desperately Needs