BizStore » Books » The Birds of Ecuador: Field Guide
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Cornell University Press
Manufacturer: Cornell University Press
MPN: 1 colour map, 96 colour plates, 2 line d
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 740
Publication Date: 2001-06-26
Publisher: Cornell University Press
Studio: Cornell University Press
The Birds of Ecuador comprehensively treats the nearly 1600 species of birds that can be found in mainland Ecuador. The authors describe Ecuador this way: "One of the wonders of the natural world. Nowhere else is such incredible avian diversity crammed into such a small country. . . . Birds are, happily, numerous in many parts of Ecuador: even the downtown parks of the big cities such as Quito and Guayaquil host their complement."
Volume II, the field guide volume of this two-volume set, contains 96 full-color plates and facing pages of descriptive text, a color map of Ecuador, along with two line drawings of bird anatomy, 115 silhouette outlines, and nearly 1600 distribution maps. All species are illustrated in full color, including migrants and vagrants and visually distinctive subspecies. The text focuses on the field identification aspects of each species, including their behavior, vocalizations, and nest appearance.
The two volumes of The Birds of Ecuador are available separately or may be purchased as a slipcased set.
• Ecuador and Galapagos Islands (National Geographic Adventure Map)
• Birds of Ecuador (Helm Field Guides)
• Birds of Western Ecuador: A Photographic Guide
• Wildlife of Ecuador: A Photographic Field Guide to Birds, Mammals, Reptiles, and Amphibians (Wildlife Explorer Guides)
• Wildlife of the Galápagos: Second Edition (Princeton Pocket Guides)
• Birds of Ecuador and Galapagos (Pocket Photo Guides)
• Birds, Mammals, and Reptiles of the Galápagos Islands: An Identification Guide, 2nd Edition
• Lonely Planet Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands (Travel Guide)
• The Birds of Ecuador, Vol. 1: Status, Distribution, and Taxonomy
• The New Neotropical Companion