BizStore » Books » Understanding Paul: The Early Christian Worldview of the Letter to the Romans
Feature: ISBN13: 9780801027314
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Baker Academic
Manufacturer: Baker Academic
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 166
Publication Date: 2004-08-01
Publisher: Baker Academic
Release Date: 2004-08-01
Studio: Baker Academic
• ISBN13: 9780801027314
• Condition: New
• Notes: BRAND NEW FROM PUBLISHER! 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
Two thousand years later, Paul attracts more attention than any other figure from antiquity besides one," writes Stephen Westerholm. Why the fascination with the apostle Paul? Westerholm explains that Paul remains such a compelling figure because he was "a man completely captivated by a particular way of looking at life."
Using the themes of the Epistle to the Romans, Westerholm helps readers understand the major components of Paul's vision of life. He delves into the writings of the Old Testament, explores their influence on Paul, and engages contemporary readers in a thought-provoking reconsideration of their own assumptions about faith, theology, and ethics.
This insightful introduction gives postmodern readers, especially those with little or no biblical background, a necessary big-picture look at Paul's view of reality.
• Encountering the Book of Romans: A Theological Survey (Encountering Biblical Studies)
• The Story of Romans: A Narrative Defense of God's Righteousness
• The Upside-Down Kingdom
• Romans (Paideia: Commentaries on the New Testament)
• Introducing the New Testament: A Historical, Literary, and Theological Survey
• Can We Trust the Gospels?: Investigating the Reliability of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John
• Inhabiting the Cruciform God: Kenosis, Justification, and Theosis in Paul's Narrative Soteriology
• Justification: God's Plan & Paul's Vision
• Perspectives on Our Struggle with Sin: Three Views of Romans 7
• Sacra Pagina: Romans