BizStore » Books » The Internet of Things: How Smart TVs, Smart Cars, Smart Homes, and Smart Cities Are Changing the World
BizStore » Book
The Internet of Things: How Smart TVs, Smart Cars, Smart Homes, and Smart Cities Are Changing the World
List Price: $24.99Manufacturer: Que Publishing
Our Price: $24.99
Availability: Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your credit card will not be charged until we ship the item.
Publisher: Que Publishing
Author(s): Michael Miller
Feature: Que Publishing
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Que Publishing
Manufacturer: Que Publishing
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 336
Publication Date: 2015-04-05
Publisher: Que Publishing
Studio: Que Publishing
• Que Publishing
How the Internet of Things will change your life: all you need to know, in plain English!
The Internet of Things (IoT) won’t just connect people: It will connect “smart” homes, appliances, cars, offices, factories, cities… the world. You need to know what’s coming: It might just transform your life.
Now, the world’s #1 author of beginning technology books has written the perfect introduction to IoT for everyone. Michael Miller shows how connected smart devices will help people do more, do it smarter,
Make no mistake: IoT is coming quickly. Miller explains why you care, helps you use what’s already here, and prepares you for the world that’s hurtling toward you.
--What is IoT? How does it work? How will it affect me?
--What’s realistic, and what’s just hype?
--How smart is my “smart TV” really? (And, is it watching me?)
--Can smart IoT devices make me healthier?
--Will smart appliances ever be useful?
--How much energy could I save with a smart home?
--What’s the future of wearable tech?
--When will I have a self-driving car?
--When will I have a nearly self-driving car? (Hint: Surprisingly soon.)
--Is IoT already changing the way I shop?
--What’s the future of drones, at war and in my neighborhood?
--Could smart cities lower my taxes?
--Who gets the data my devices are collecting?
--How can I profit from the Internet of Things?
--What happens when the whole world is connected?
--Will I have any privacy left at all?
• The Internet of Things (The MIT Press Essential Knowledge series)
• The Silent Intelligence: The Internet of Things
• Designing the Internet of Things
• Enterprise IoT: Strategies and Best Practices for Connected Products and Services
• Process Improvement Using Six Sigma: A DMAIC Guide
• Machine Learning: The New AI (The MIT Press Essential Knowledge series)
• Building the Internet of Things: Implement New Business Models, Disrupt Competitors, Transform Your Industry
• Irresistible: The Rise of Addictive Technology and the Business of Keeping Us Hooked
• The Lean Turnaround: How Business Leaders Use Lean Principles to Create Value and Transform Their Company
• The Internet of Things Business Primer