BizStore » Books » How the Internet Works (8th Edition)
Brand: Brand: Que Publishing
Feature: Used Book in Good Condition
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Que Publishing
Manufacturer: Que Publishing
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 432
Publication Date: 2006-12-01
Publisher: Que Publishing
Studio: Que Publishing
• Used Book in Good Condition
Simple, clear explanations walk you through every technology
Detailed explanations walk you through the technology.
The Internet has changed the world... and, with everything from blogs to podcasts, Internet phones to video, it’s still changing the world. Now, it’s easy to understand how it all works! This book’s big, brilliant, full-color illustrations and clear explanations make it all incredibly simple!
DISCOVER HOW THE INTERNET REALLY WORKS... IT’S AMAZINGLY EASY!
This new edition has been completely updated for today’s hottest Internet technologies, Web connections, hardware, communications and entertainment services, and much more!
• See how the Internet can deliver any kind of information, anywhere: web pages, email, music, video, phone calls, and more!
• Understand the most exciting new Internet technologies, from blogs and podcasting to wikis and BitTorrent
• Discover how your connection to the Internet works... wireless, cable modem, DSL, even cellphones
• Go behind the scenes with today’s most sophisticated websites, applications, and services
• Protect yourself from the latest Internet dangers, including phishing, web surveillance, and wireless hacking
Preston Gralla is the award-winning author of more than 30 books, including How the Internet Works, Complete Idiot’s Guide to Internet Privacy and Security, Complete Idiot’s Guide to Protecting Your Child Online, and How Wireless Works. He has written
frequently about security issues, computer technology, the Internet, and has been a columnist for many magazines, websites
• How Computers Work: The Evolution of Technology, 10th Edition (How It Works)
• Introduction to Networking: How the Internet Works
• How Networks Work (7th Edition)
• How Computers Work (9th Edition)
• How Wireless Works (2nd Edition)
• How Software Works (How It Works)
• Computers Are Your Future Complete (12th Edition)
• How Personal & Internet Security Works
• Tubes: A Journey to the Center of the Internet
• How Computers Work: Processor And Main Memory (Second Edition)