BizStore » Books » Preparing Your Capital Campaign
Brand: Marilyn Bancel Fund Raising School Staff
Feature: Preparing Your Capital Campaign
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 160
Publication Date: 2000-09-29
• Preparing Your Capital Campaign
"Marilyn Bancel has written a highly accessible, readable guide to a very complex process, which is no mean feat. Even if you have been through a capital campaign before and think you're ready-and especially if you're new to the capital campaign process-read it! Preparing Your Capital Campaign provides valuable insights and practical planning tools that will bolster your capacity to take on a campaign's challenge."
--Clara Miller, president, Nonprofit Finance Fund
In this hands-on workbook, fund raising expert Marilyn Bancel shows you how to prepare your organization to embark on a successful capital campaign, detailing each step that must be taken before the launch.
Preparing Your Capital Campaign--part of the Excellence in Fund Raising Workbook Series--breaks down the preparation stage into practical, manageable parts, outlining in straightforward language such essentials as creating a campaign timetable, setting up the campaign committee, determining a campaign goal, and getting the whole organization ready for a fund raising drive. Packed with useful resources, this nuts-and-bolts workbook includes a campaign skills checklist, strategies for estimating fund raising costs, a sample campaign budget, and a list of Web sites tailored to the specific needs of fund raisers.
If you are brand-new to fund raising, the book offers a concise introductory chapter that lays out the basics and answers the key questions about capital campaigns. More experienced fund raisers will benefit from a wealth of reminders for avoiding common mistakes and a framework for staying focused on the factors that are most important for success. Preparing Your Capital Campaign will show you how to make the most of this critical fund raising strategy.
• Capital Campaigns: A Guide for Board Members and Others Who Aren’t Professional Fundraisers but Who Will Be the Heroes Who Create a Better Community
• Conducting a Successful Capital Campaign: The New, Revised and Expanded Edition of the Leading Guide to Planning and Implementing a Capital Campaign
• Capital Campaigns: Strategies That Work
• Planned Giving Essentials: A Step by Step Guide to Success (Aspen's Fund Raising Series for the 21st Century)
• Seeing Through a Donor's Eyes: How to Make a Persuasive Case for Everything from Your Annual Drive to Your Planned Giving Program to Your Capital Campaign
• Capital Campaigns, 2nd Edition: Strategies That Work (Jones and Bartlett's Funding Raising Series for the 21st Century)
• Conducting a Successful Capital Campaign: The New, Revised, and Expanded Edition of the Leading Guide to Planning and Implementing a Capital Campaign
• Nonprofit Essentials: Major Gifts
• Leadership Land Mines! 8 Management Catastrophes and How to Avoid Them
• The Annual Campaign