BizStore » Books » Preparing Your Capital Campaign
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 160
Publication Date: 2000-09-29
"Marilyn Bancel has written a highly accessible, readable guide toa very complex process, which is no mean feat. Even if you havebeen through a capital campaign before and think you're ready-andespecially if you're new to the capital campaign process-read it!Preparing Your Capital Campaign provides valuable insights andpractical planning tools that will bolster your capacity to take ona campaign's challenge."
--Clara Miller, president, Nonprofit Finance Fund
In this hands-on workbook, fund raising expert Marilyn Bancel showsyou how to prepare your organization to embark on a successfulcapital campaign, detailing each step that must be taken before thelaunch.
Preparing Your Capital Campaign--part of the Excellence in FundRaising Workbook Series--breaks down the preparation stage intopractical, manageable parts, outlining in straightforward languagesuch essentials as creating a campaign timetable, setting up thecampaign committee, determining a campaign goal, and getting thewhole organization ready for a fund raising drive. Packed withuseful resources, this nuts-and-bolts workbook includes a campaignskills checklist, strategies for estimating fund raising costs, asample campaign budget, and a list of Web sites tailored to thespecific needs of fund raisers.
If you are brand-new to fund raising, the book offers a conciseintroductory chapter that lays out the basics and answers the keyquestions about capital campaigns. More experienced fund raiserswill benefit from a wealth of reminders for avoiding commonmistakes and a framework for staying focused on the factors thatare most important for success. Preparing Your Capital Campaignwill show you how to make the most of this critical fund raisingstrategy.
• Capital Campaigns: A Guide for Board Members and Others Who Aren’t Professional Fundraisers but Who Will Be the Heroes Who Create a Better Community
• Capital Campaigns: Strategies That Work
• Conducting a Successful Capital Campaign: The New, Revised and Expanded Edition of the Leading Guide to Planning and Implementing a Capital Campaign
• Planned Giving Essentials: A Step by Step Guide to Success (2nd Edition) (Aspen's Fund Raising Series for the 21st Century.)
• Conducting a Successful Capital Campaign: The New, Revised, and Expanded Edition of the Leading Guide to Planning and Implementing a Capital Campaign
• Nonprofit Essentials: Major Gifts
• Asking: A 59-Minute Guide to Everything Board Members, Volunteers, and Staff Must Know to Secure the Gift, Newly Revised Edition
• Leadership Land Mines! 8 Management Catastrophes and How to Avoid Them
• Seeing Through a Donor's Eyes: How to Make a Persuasive Case for Everything from Your Annual Drive to Your Planned Giving Program to Your Capital Campaign
• Donor-Centered Planned Gift Marketing: (AFP Fund Development Series)