BizStore » Books » Submarines: WWI to the present
Brand: Chartwell Books
Feature: Chartwell Books
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Chartwell Books
Manufacturer: Chartwell Books
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 384
Publication Date: 2016-10-15
Publisher: Chartwell Books
Studio: Chartwell Books
• Chartwell Books
Dive into the fascinating naval history of the submarine with this comprehensive and detailed guide!
Submarines offers a highly illustrated guide to all the main classes of submarines to be used in naval warfare from the beginning of World War I to the present day. As you will learn throughout the book, the emergence of the submarine in 1914 as a major strategic weapon was swift and unexpected. On September 5th, 1914 a British Light cruiser, HMS Pathfinder, was sunk by a German submarine U-21, becoming the first victim of a free-fired torpedo. The basis of naval warfare had been changed forever.
Divided by era, campaign, and country, the book includes sections on; submarine forces in 1914, technical developments during the 1930s, the Atlantic convoy war during World War II, Soviet submarine development during the Cold War, the introduction of nuclear-powered submarines, submarines of the Falklands War, and the latest ICBM carriers. Special emphasis is given to the U-Boats of World War II and arranged flotilla.
You will gain a vast knowledge of submarines, as all major models are included, from the World War I-era German U-1 and British F-class, through the Type VII U-boats and US Gato class of World War II, and coming up-to-date with the latest missile submarines, such as HMS Astute, USS Virginia, the Russian Borei class, the Chinese Shang class, and the INS Arihant.
• The World's Greatest Submarines: An Illustrated History
• World Submarines: Covert Shores Recognition Guide
• The US Navy’s Fast Attack Submarines, Vol.1: Los Angeles Class 688
• Silent Victory Submarine Warfare in WWII - Rare Archival Footage - 2 DVD Set!
• Cold War Submarines: The Design and Construction of U.S. and Soviet Submarines, 1945-2001
• Submarine (Tom Clancy's Military Reference)
• The Death of the USS Thresher: The Story Behind History's Deadliest Submarine Disaster
• Astute Class Nuclear Submarine Owners' Workshop Manual: 2010 to date - Insights into the design, construction and operation of the most advanced attack submarine ever operated by the Royal Navy
• Sink 'Em All: Submarine Warfare in the Pacific
• Submarine (Eyewitness Books)