BizStore » Books » The Complete Book of North American Railroading
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Crestline Books
Manufacturer: Crestline Books
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 352
Publication Date: 2016-09-01
Publisher: Crestline Books
Studio: Crestline Books
It would be impossible to imagine the rapid growth of the United States and Canada without railroads. From the industry's first tentative steps in the early nineteenth century to the railways of our day, here is a fitting celebration of that legacy-an all-encompassing tome for hardcore railfans and casual enthusiasts alike.
For more than 150 years, railroads have transformed everyday life in North America - Bringing goods to market, carrying travelers across the continent, seeing us through wars, enriching our folklore, and proving indispensible tour economic, industrial, and social infrastructures. And that's not to mention the mind-bending technologies and machines that railroads have spawned.
The Complete Book of North American Railroading celebrates the people and machines that have made this growth possible. In these pages, a cast of railroading authorities team up to tackle the industry's genesis; the development of steam, electric, and diesel-electric locomotives; the golden age of passenger travel; workhorse freight haulers; railroad infrastructure; and modern railroading operations.
• Train: The Definitive Visual History (Dk Smithsonian)
• Railroads Across North America: An Illustrated History
• The Great Railroad Revolution: The History of Trains in America
• The Historical Guide to North American Railroads, 3rd Edition (Trains Books)
• Guide to North American Steam Locomotives
• Guide to North American Diesel Locomotives
• Great American Railroad Stories: 75 Years of Trains magazine
• Nothing Like It In the World: The Men Who Built the Transcontinental Railroad 1863-1869
• The Iron Road: An Illustrated History of the Railroad
• The Majesty of Big Steam