BizStore » Books » The Universe in a Single Atom: The Convergence of Science and Spirituality
Brand: Brand: Harmony
Feature: ISBN13: 9780767920810
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 216
Publication Date: 2006-09-12
Release Date: 2006-09-12
• ISBN13: 9780767920810
• Notes: 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
Galileo, Copernicus, Newton, Niels Bohr, Einstein. Their insights shook our perception of who we are and where we stand in the world, and in their wake have left an uneasy coexistence: science vs. religion, faith vs. empirical inquiry. Which is the keeper of truth? Which is the true path to understanding reality?
After forty years of study with some of the greatest scientific minds, as well as a lifetime of meditative, spiritual, and philosophic study, the Dalai Lama presents a brilliant analysis of why all avenues of inquiry—scientific as well as spiritual—must be pursued in order to arrive at a complete picture of the truth. Through an examination of Darwinism and karma, quantum mechanics and philosophical insight into the nature of reality, neurobiology and the study of consciousness, the Dalai Lama draws significant parallels between contemplative and scientific examinations of reality.
This breathtakingly personal examination is a tribute to the Dalai Lama’s teachers—both of science and spirituality. The legacy of this book is a vision of the world in which our different approaches to understanding ourselves, our universe, and one another can be brought together in the service of humanity.
• The Quantum and the Lotus: A Journey to the Frontiers Where Science and Buddhism Meet
• How to See Yourself As You Really Are
• How to Practice: The Way to a Meaningful Life
• Beyond Religion: Ethics for a Whole World
• The Art of Happiness, 10th Anniversary Edition: A Handbook for Living
• Bonhoeffer Student Edition: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy
• The Book of Joy: Lasting Happiness in a Changing World
• The Dalai Lama's Little Book of Inner Peace: The Essential Life and Teachings
• Stages of Meditation
• A Guide to the Bodhisattva Way of Life