BizStore » Books » The Culture Code: An Ingenious Way to Understand Why People Around the World Live and Buy as They Do
BizStore » Book
The Culture Code: An Ingenious Way to Understand Why People Around the World Live and Buy as They Do
Brand: Broadway Books
Feature: Broadway Books
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Crown Business
Manufacturer: Crown Business
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 224
Publication Date: 2007-07-17
Publisher: Crown Business
Release Date: 2007-07-17
Studio: Crown Business
• Broadway Books
Why are people around the world so very different? What makes us live, buy, even love as we do? The answers are in the codes.
In The Culture Code, internationally revered cultural anthropologist and marketing expert Clotaire Rapaille reveals for the first time the techniques he has used to improve profitability and practices for dozens of Fortune 100 companies. His groundbreaking revelations shed light not just on business but on the way every human being acts and lives around the world.
Rapaille’s breakthrough notion is that we acquire a silent system of codes as we grow up within our culture. These codes—the Culture Code—are what make us American, or German, or French, and they invisibly shape how we behave in our personal lives, even when we are completely unaware of our motives. What’s more, we can learn to crack the codes that guide our actions and achieve new understanding of why we do the things we do.
Rapaille has used the Culture Code to help Chrysler build the PT Cruiser—the most successful American car launch in recent memory. He has used it to help Procter & Gamble design its advertising campaign for Folger’s coffee – one of the longest lasting and most successful campaigns in the annals of advertising. He has used it to help companies as diverse as GE, AT&T, Boeing, Honda, Kellogg, and L’Oréal improve their bottom line at home and overseas. And now, in The Culture Code, he uses it to reveal why Americans act distinctly like Americans, and what makes us different from the world around us.
In The Culture Code, Dr. Rapaille decodes two dozen of our most fundamental archetypes—ranging from sex to money to health to America itself—to give us “a new set of glasses” with which to view our actions and motivations. Why are we so often disillusioned by love? Why is fat a solution rather than a problem? Why do we reject the notion of perfection? Why is fast food in our lives to stay? The answers are in the Codes.
Understanding the Codes gives us unprecedented freedom over our lives. It lets us do business in dramatically new ways. And it finally explains why people around the world really are different, and reveals the hidden clues to understanding us all.
• Understanding Global Cultures: Metaphorical Journeys Through 34 Nations, Clusters of Nations, Continents, and Diversity
• The Gift of Our Compulsions: A Revolutionary Approach to Self-Acceptance and Healing
• Ultrametabolism: The Simple Plan for Automatic Weight Loss
• Healing Myths, Healing Magic: Breaking the Spell of Old Illusions; Reclaiming Our Power to Heal
• Nourishing Wisdom: A Mind-Body Approach to Nutrition and Well-Being
• Care of the Soul, Twenty-fifth Anniversary Ed: A Guide for Cultivating Depth and Sacredness in Everyday Life
• Health At Every Size: The Surprising Truth About Your Weight
• Pitch, Tweet, or Engage on the Street: How to Practice Global Public Relations and Strategic Communication
• The Global Code: How a New Culture of Universal Values Is Reshaping Business and Marketing
• Why We Buy: The Science of Shopping--Updated and Revised for the Internet, the Global Consumer, and Beyond