BizStore » Books » The Science Fiction Hall of Fame, Vol. 1: 1929-1964
Brand: Orb Books
Feature: Orb Books
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Orb Books
Manufacturer: Orb Books
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 576
Publication Date: 2005-02-01
Publisher: Orb Books
Release Date: 2005-01-13
Studio: Orb Books
• Orb Books
The definitive collection of the best in science fiction stories between 1929-1964.
This book contains twenty-six of the greatest science fiction stories ever written. They represent the considered verdict of the Science Fiction Writers of America, those who have shaped the genre and who know, more intimately than anyone else, what the criteria for excellence in the field should be. The authors chosen for The Science Fiction Hall Fame are the men and women who have shaped the body and heart of modern science fiction; their brilliantly imaginative creations continue to inspire and astound new generations of writers and fans.
Robert Heinlein in "The Roads Must Roll" describes an industrial civilization of the future caught up in the deadly flaws of its own complexity. "Country of the Kind," by Damon Knight, is a frightening portrayal of biological mutation. "Nightfall," by Isaac Asimov, one of the greatest stories in the science fiction field, is the story of a planet where the sun sets only once every millennium and is a chilling study in mass psychology.
Originally published in 1970 to honor those writers and their stories that had come before the institution of the Nebula Awards, The Science Fiction Hall Of Fame, Volume One, was the book that introduced tens of thousands of young readers to the wonders of science fiction. Too long unavailable, this new edition will treasured by all science fiction fans everywhere.
The Science Fiction Hall Of Fame, Volume One, includes the following stories:
Introduction by Robert Silverberg
• The Science Fiction Hall of Fame, Volume Two A: The Greatest Science Fiction Novellas of All Time Chosen by the Members of The Science Fiction Writers of America (SF Hall of Fame)
• The Science Fiction Hall of Fame, Volume Two B: The Greatest Science Fiction Novellas of All Time Chosen by the Members of the Science Fiction Writers of America (SF Hall of Fame)
• The Wesleyan Anthology of Science Fiction
• Masterpieces: The Best Science Fiction of the 20th Century
• Pragmatism (Philosophical Classics)
• A Treatise of Human Nature
• The Year's Best Science Fiction: Thirty-Fifth Annual Collection
• Discourse on Method and Meditations on First Philosophy, 4th Ed.
• Dangerous Visions (SF Masterworks)
• The Big Book of Science Fiction