BizStore » Books » Spy on History: Victor Dowd and the World War II Ghost Army
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Workman Publishing Company
Manufacturer: Workman Publishing Company
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 96
Publication Date: 2018-01-23
Publisher: Workman Publishing Company
Studio: Workman Publishing Company
Your mission: Find Victor Dowd’s missing sketchbook. And discover one of the most unusual stories of World War II.
Meet the 603rd Camouflage Engineers, better known as the Ghost Army. This group of artists and sound engineers were trained to deceive the Germans in World War II with everything from fake tanks to loudspeakers broadcasting the sound of marching troops. And meet Victor Dowd, a real-life sergeant who with his fellow Ghost Army troops fought his way from Normandy, through France, and eventually across the Rhine.
Second in the Spy on History series, it’s a compelling story of a little-known chapter from the war—and a mystery to solve. Using spycraft materials included in a sealed envelope, readers will discover and unravel the clues embedded in the book’s text and illustrations, and uncover the mystery of Victor Dowd’s missing sketchbook.
• Spy on History: Mary Bowser and the Civil War Spy Ring
• Raid of No Return (Nathan Hale's Hazardous Tales #7): A World War II Tale of the Doolittle Raid
• Minecraft: The Crash: An Official Minecraft Novel
• World War II Spies: An Interactive History Adventure (You Choose: World War II)
• The Underground Abductor (Nathan Hale's Hazardous Tales #5): An Abolitionist Tale about Harriet Tubman
• Alamo All-Stars (Nathan Hale's Hazardous Tales #6)
• Guts & Glory: World War II
• Ghost Army
• Nathan Hale's Hazardous Tales: One Dead Spy
• Code Talker: A Novel About the Navajo Marines of World War Two