BizStore » Books » The Crossroads of Should and Must: Find and Follow Your Passion
Edition: First Edition
Feature: Workman Publishing
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Workman Publishing Company
Manufacturer: Workman Publishing Company
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 176
Publication Date: 2015-04-07
Publisher: Workman Publishing Company
Studio: Workman Publishing Company
• Workman Publishing
Who hasn’t asked the question “How can I find and follow my true calling?” Elle Luna frames this moment as “standing at the crossroads of Should and Must.” “Should” is what we feel we ought to be doing, or what is expected of us. “Must” is the thing we dream of doing, our heart’s desire. And it was her own personal journey that inspired Elle Luna to write a brief online manifesto that, in a few short months, has touched hundreds of thousands of people who’ve read it or heard Elle speak on the topic. Now Ms. Luna expands her ideas into an inspirational, highly visual gift book for every recent graduate, every artist, every seeker, every career changer.
The Crossroads of Should and Must has a universal message—we get to choose the path between Should and Must. And it gives every reader permission to embrace this message. It’s about the difference between jobs, careers, and callings. The difference between going to work and becoming one with your work. Why knowing what you want is often the hardest part. It gives eye-opening techniques for reconnecting with one’s inner voice, like writing your own obituary (talk about putting life in perspective). It talks about the most common fears of choosing Must over Should—money, time, space, and the ultimate fear: total vulnerability—and shores up our hesitation with inspiring stories of and quotes from the artists and writers and thinkers who’ve faced their own crossroads of Should and Must and taken the leap. It explains the importance of mistakes, of “unlearning,” of solitude, of keeping moving, of following a soul path.
Presented in four chapters—The Crossroads, The Origin of Should, Must, and The Return—inspired by the hero’s journey outlined by Joseph Campbell, The Crossroads of Should and Must guides us from the small moment, discovering our Must, to the big moment—actually doing something about it, and returning to share our new gifts with the world.
• Your Story Is Your Power: Free Your Feminine Voice
• Choose Wonder Over Worry: Move Beyond Fear and Doubt to Unlock Your Full Potential
• Eat Like You Care: An Examination of the Morality of Eating Animals
• Things Are What You Make of Them: Life Advice for Creatives
• The Art of Possibility: Transforming Professional and Personal Life
• 52 Cups of Coffee: Inspiring and insightful stories for navigating life's uncertainties
• Mismatch: How Inclusion Shapes Design (Simplicity: Design, Technology, Business, Life)
• Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear
• I'll Have What She's Having: Mapping Social Behavior (Simplicity: Design, Technology, Business, Life)