BizStore » Books » Strange but True Tales of Car Collecting: Drowned Bugattis, Buried Belvederes, Felonious Ferraris and other Wild Stories of Automotive Misadventure
BizStore » Book
Strange but True Tales of Car Collecting: Drowned Bugattis, Buried Belvederes, Felonious Ferraris and other Wild Stories of Automotive Misadventure
Brand: Brand: Motorbooks
Edition: First Edition, First
Feature: For all our books; Cargo will be delivered in the required time. 100% Satisfaction is Guaranteed!
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 256
Publication Date: 2013-08-26
• For all our books; Cargo will be delivered in the required time. 100% Satisfaction is Guaranteed!
Most car collectors exhibit a healthy enthusiasm for their favorite hobby, a tendency to dig into their favorite marques, chase parts, swap stories, and generally live the car-guy life. Some, however, step over that fine line between enthusiasm and obsession—and that’s the place from which spring the legendary car-collector stories.
In Strange but True Tales of Car Collecting, Keith Martin and the staff of Sport Car Market Magazine recount the wildest car-collecting stories of all time, focusing on tales of the most eccentric and over-the-top collectors and collections. Have you heard of the fellow who squirrelled away dozens of Chevelles, Camaros, and other classic muscle cars in semi trailers? How about the president of Shakespeare fishing rods who in the 1960s sold 30 now-priceless Bugattis for a mere $85,000? The English nobleman who cut up and buried his Ferrari horde in an elaborate insurance scam? Or how about the Duesenberg abandoned in a Manhattan parking garage for decades and uncovered by Tonight Show host Jay Leno?
These are just a few of the amazing stories explored in this entertaining book, a must-have title for any car enthusiast. Both car collectors and fans of outrageous classic car, muscle car, and sports car stories will find entertainment in these tales of collectors who’ve gone off the rails.
• History's Greatest Automotive Mysteries, Myths, and Rumors Revealed: James Dean's Killer Porsche, NASCAR's Fastest Monkey, Bonnie and Clyde's Getaway Car, and More
• Tom Cotter's Best Barn-Find Collector Car Tales
• Barn Find Road Trip: 3 Guys, 14 Days and 1000 Lost Collector Cars Discovered
• The Old Car Nut Book #2: "Where more old car nuts tell their stories" (Volume 2)
• The Old Car Nut Book #3: "A century of road trips across America" (Volume 3)
• Lost Muscle Cars
• The Corvette in the Barn: More Great Stories of Automotive Archaeology