BizStore » Books » The Thorn of Dentonhill (Maradaine Novels)
Binding: Mass Market Paperback
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 400
Publication Date: 2015-02-03
Release Date: 2015-02-03
Blending vigilante justice with epic fantasy, student mage Veranix Calbert fights crime in the city of Maradaine in this fast-paced debut novel • “Veranix is Batman, if Batman were a teenager and magically talented.” —Library Journal
Veranix Calbert leads a double life. By day, he’s a struggling magic student at the University of Maradaine. At night, he spoils the drug trade of Willem Fenmere, crime boss of Dentonhill and murderer of Veranix’s father. He’s determined to shut Fenmere down.
With that goal in mind, Veranix disrupts the delivery of two magical artifacts meant for Fenmere's clients, the mages of the Blue Hand Circle. Using these power-filled objects in his fight, he quickly becomes a real thorn in Fenmere's side.
So much so that soon not only Fenmere, but powerful mages, assassins, and street gangs all want a piece of “The Thorn.” And with professors and prefects on the verge of discovering his secrets, Veranix’s double life might just fall apart. Unless, of course, Fenmere puts an end to it first.
Explore the back alleys of the city in this street-level fantasy adventure, the first novel of the Maradaine series. Then see Maradaine from a new perspective, with Maresca's second, concurrent series set in the same city: A Murder of Mages begins the Maradaine Constabulary novels, featuring an unlikely partnership of two detectives in the city’s constabulary.
• The Alchemy of Chaos (Maradaine Novels)
• The Imposters of Aventil (Maradaine Novels)
• An Import of Intrigue (Maradaine Constabulary)
• The Holver Alley Crew (Streets of Maradaine)
• A Murder of Mages (Maradaine Constabulary)
• The Way of the Shield (Maradaine Elite)
• Lady Henterman's Wardrobe (Streets of Maradaine)
• A Parliament of Bodies (Maradaine Constabulary)
• That Ain't Witchcraft (InCryptid)
• Within the Sanctuary of Wings: A Memoir by Lady Trent (The Lady Trent Memoirs)