BizStore » Books » Have Mercy on Us All: A Novel (Chief Inspector Adamsberg Mysteries (Paperback))
Brand: Vargas, Fred/ Bellos, David (TRN)
Feature: Fred Vargas
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Simon & Schuster
Manufacturer: Simon & Schuster
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 353
Publication Date: 2005-11-08
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Release Date: 2005-11-08
Studio: Simon & Schuster
• Fred Vargas
• Police Procedurals
The popular Parisian mystery by the international bestselling mystery writer, Fred Vargas, whom the French have hailed as the next Henning Mankell.
In a small Parisian square, the ancient tradition of the town crier continues into modern times. The self-appointed crier, Joss Le Guern, reads out the daily news, snippets of gossip, and lately, ominous messages—placed in his handmade wooden message box by an anonymous source—that warn of an imminent onset of the bubonic plague.
Concerned, Le Guern brings the puzzling notes to the bumbling but brilliant Chief Inspector Jean-Baptiste Adamsberg and his straight-edged, right-hand man, Adrien Danglard. When strange signs that were historically believed to ward off the black death start to appear on the doors of several buildings, Adamsberg takes notice and suspects a connection with Le Guern’s warnings. After a flea-bitten corpse with plague-like symptoms is found in one of the marked buildings, Fred Vargas’s inimitable genius chief inspector is under pressure to solve the mystery and restore calm to a panicked Paris. But is it a real case of the bubonic scourge, or just a sinister trick designed to frighten as the body count grows and the culprit continues to elude the police?
Peopled with charming and eccentric Gallic characters, and packed with gripping historical detail, Have Mercy on Us All is a complex, surprising, and stylish tale from France’s finest mystery writer.
• Seeking Whom He May Devour: Chief Inspector Adamsberg Investigates (Chief Inspector Adamsberg Mysteries (Paperback))
• Wash This Blood Clean from My Hand (Commissaire Adamsberg, Book 4)
• The Chalk Circle Man (A Commissaire Adamsberg Mystery)
• This Night's Foul Work (A Commissaire Adamsberg Mystery)
• An Uncertain Place (Commissaire Adamsberg)
• A Climate of Fear (A Commissaire Adamsberg Mystery)
• The Ghost Riders of Ordebec (A Commissaire Adamsberg Mystery)
• Dog Will Have His Day
• The Three Evangelists
• The Accordionist (Three Evangelists)