BizStore » Books » Troubling Intersections of Race and Sexuality: Queer Students of Color and Anti-Oppressive Education (Curriculum, Cultures, and (Homo)Sexualities Series)
BizStore » Book
Troubling Intersections of Race and Sexuality: Queer Students of Color and Anti-Oppressive Education (Curriculum, Cultures, and (Homo)Sexualities Series)
Brand: Brand: Rowman n Littlefield Publishers
Feature: Rowman Littlefield Publishers
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, Inc.
Manufacturer: Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, Inc.
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 242
Publication Date: 2001-06-26
Publisher: Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, Inc.
Studio: Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, Inc.
• Rowman Littlefield Publishers
"In recent years, researchers have considerably expanded our understanding of the experiences of students of color and of students who are gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgendered, and questioning (ie. Queer). They have provided us with rich resources for addressing racism and heterosexism; however, few have examined the unique experiences of students who are both queer and of color, and few have examined the heterosexist or whitecentered nature of antiracist or antiheterosexist education (respectively). What of the students and educators who live and teach at the intersection of race and sexuality? By combining autobiographical accounts with qualitative and quantitative research on queer students of different racial backgrounds, these essays not only trouble the ways we think about the intersections of race and sexuality, they also offer theoretical insights and educational strategies to educators committed to bringing about change."
• Creating Safe and Supportive Learning Environments
• Education and Masculinities (Foundations and Futures of Education)
• Activist Scholarship (Transnational Feminist Studies)
• Queer (In)Justice: The Criminalization of LGBT People in the United States (Queer Ideas/Queer Action)
• Race and Gender in the Classroom: Teachers, Privilege, and Enduring Social Inequalities
• Race, Gender and Educational Desire: Why black women succeed and fail
• Culturally Sustaining Pedagogies: Teaching and Learning for Justice in a Changing World (Language and Literacy Series)
• The Politics of Gender and Education: Critical Perspectives
• All About Love: New Visions
• LGBTQ Voices in Education