BizStore » Books » The Four: The Hidden DNA of Amazon, Apple, Facebook, and Google
Edition: First Edition
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 320
Publication Date: 2017-10-03
Release Date: 2017-10-03
NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER
USA TODAY BESTSELLER
Amazon, Apple, Facebook, and Google are the four most influential companies on the planet. Just about everyone thinks they know how they got there. Just about everyone is wrong.
For all that’s been written about the Four over the last two decades, no one has captured their power and staggering success as insightfully as Scott Galloway.
Instead of buying the myths these companies broadcast, Galloway asks fundamental questions. How did the Four infiltrate our lives so completely that they’re almost impossible to avoid (or boycott)? Why does the stock market forgive them for sins that would destroy other firms? And as they race to become the world’s first trillion-dollar company, can anyone challenge them?
In the same irreverent style that has made him one of the world’s most celebrated business professors, Galloway deconstructs the strategies of the Four that lurk beneath their shiny veneers. He shows how they manipulate the fundamental emotional needs that have driven us since our ancestors lived in caves, at a speed and scope others can’t match. And he reveals how you can apply the lessons of their ascent to your own business or career.
Whether you want to compete with them, do business with them, or simply live in the world they dominate, you need to understand the Four.
• The Upstarts: How Uber, Airbnb, and the Killer Companies of the New Silicon Valley Are Changing the World
• The Everything Store: Jeff Bezos and the Age of Amazon
• Irresistible: The Rise of Addictive Technology and the Business of Keeping Us Hooked
• A Whole New Mind: Why Right-Brainers Will Rule the Future
• The Amazon Way: 14 Leadership Principles Behind the World's Most Disruptive Company
• Megatech: Technology in 2050
• Whiplash: How to Survive Our Faster Future
• Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook: How to Tell Your Story in a Noisy Social World
• How Google Works
• What To Do When Machines Do Everything: How to Get Ahead in a World of AI, Algorithms, Bots, and Big Data