BizStore » Books » Real Artists Don't Starve: Timeless Strategies for Thriving in the New Creative Age
Brand: HarperCollins Christian Pub.
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Thomas Nelson
Manufacturer: Thomas Nelson
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 240
Publication Date: 2017-06-06
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
Release Date: 2017-06-06
Studio: Thomas Nelson
The Wall Street Journal Bestseller!
Bestselling author Jeff Goins dismantles the myth that being creative is a hindrance to success by revealing how an artistic temperament is in fact a competitive advantage.
For centuries, the myth of the starving artist has dominated our culture, seeping into the minds of creative people and stifling their pursuits. But the truth is that the world's most successful artists did not starve.
In fact, they capitalized on the power of their creative strength. In Real Artists Don't Starve, Jeff Goins debunks the myth of the starving artist by unveiling the ideas that created it and replacing them with timeless strategies for thriving, including:
Through inspiring anecdotes of successful creatives both past and present, Goins shows that living by these rules is not only doable but it's also a fulfilling way to thrive.
From graphic designers and writers to artists and business professionals, creatives already know that no one is born an artist. Goins' revolutionary rules celebrate the process of becoming an artist, a person who utilizes the imagination in fundamental ways. He reminds creatives that business and art are not mutually exclusive pursuits. In fact, success in business and in life flow from a healthy exercise of creativity.
Expanding upon the groundbreaking work in his previous bestseller The Art of Work, Goins explores the tension every creative person and organization faces in an effort to blend the inspired life with a practical path to success. Being creative isn't a disadvantage for success; rather, it is a powerful tool to be harnessed.
• You Are a Writer (So Start Acting Like One)
• The Art of Work: A Proven Path to Discovering What You Were Meant to Do
• Perennial Seller: The Art of Making and Marketing Work that Lasts
• Art Money & Success: A complete and easy-to-follow system for the artist who wasn't born with a business mind. Learn how to find buyers, get paid ... nicely, deal with copycats and sell more art.
• How to Sell Your Art Online: Live a Successful Creative Life on Your Own Terms
• Life After College: The Complete Guide to Getting What You Want
• The In-Between: Embracing the Tension Between Now and the Next Big Thing
• Show Your Work!
• Art, Inc.: The Essential Guide for Building Your Career as an Artist
• Side Hustle: From Idea to Income in 27 Days