BizStore » Books » Misty Copeland: Power and Grace
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Michael Friedman Group
Manufacturer: Michael Friedman Group
MPN: 1, colour illustrations
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 60
Publication Date: 2015-07-31
Publisher: Michael Friedman Group
Studio: Michael Friedman Group
Power and grace define Misty Copeland―an influential ballet dancer who has broken through difficult barriers to become the first female African-American to be promoted to principal dancer at the American Ballet Theatre. Misty has proven adversity can be conquered by reaching higher and working harder to define what is humanly possible, regardless of the path one chooses to follow their dreams.
In Misty’s own words, “Finding your power doesn’t have to be scary. Instead, it makes you feel in control, strong, and proud.”
Through the stunning black-and-white photography of Richard Corman and Misty's own brief inspirational quotes, her message of hope, strength, and focus speaks to young girls and women.
In the introduction, Cindy Bradley, Misty’s ballet teacher who discovered and encouraged Misty to develop her talent and follow her heart, gives context to the obstacles and challenges that helped Misty find her power and achieve success.
• Life in Motion: An Unlikely Ballerina
• Ballerina Body: Dancing and Eating Your Way to a Leaner, Stronger, and More Graceful You
• Life in Motion: An Unlikely Ballerina Young Readers Edition
• When I Grow Up: Misty Copeland (Scholastic Reader, Level 3)
• A Ballerina's Tale
• Taking Flight: From War Orphan to Star Ballerina
• Misty Copeland 2017 Wall Calendar
• Misty Copeland 2018 Wall Calendar
• Misty Copeland (You Should Meet)