BizStore » Books » Blood Aces: The Wild Ride of Benny Binion, the Texas Gangster Who Created Vegas Poker
BizStore » Book
Blood Aces: The Wild Ride of Benny Binion, the Texas Gangster Who Created Vegas Poker
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 368
Publication Date: 2014-08-14
Release Date: 2014-08-14
The astonishing story of Benny Binion—a rip-roaring saga of murder, money, and the making of Las Vegas
Benny Binion was many things: a cowboy, a pioneering casino owner, a gangster, a killer, and founder of the hugely successful World Series of Poker.
Blood Aces tells the story of Binion’s crucial role in shaping modern Las Vegas. From a Texas backwater, Binion rose to prominence on a combination of vision, determination, and brutal expediency. His formula was simple: run a good business, cultivate the big boys, kill your enemies, and own the cops.
Through a mix of cold-bloodedness, native intelligence, folksiness, and philanthropy, Binion became one of the most revered figures in the history of gambling, and his showmanship, shrewdness, and violence would come to dominate the Vegas scene.
Veteran journalist Doug J. Swanson uses once-secret government documents and dogged reporting to show how Binion destroyed his rivals and outsmarted his adversaries—including J. Edgar Hoover.
As fast paced as any thriller, Blood Aces tells a story that is unmatched in the annals of American criminal justice, a vital yet untold piece of this country’s history.
• I'll Do My Own Damn Killin': Benny Binion, Herbert Noble, and the Texas Gambling War
• No Limit: The Rise and Fall of Bob Stupak and Las Vegas' Stratosphere Tower
• Amarillo Slim in a World Full of Fat People: The Memoirs of the Greatest Gambler Who Ever Lived
• Positively Fifth Street: Murderers, Cheetahs, and Binion's World Series of Poker
• Doyle Brunson's Super System 2: A Course in Power Poker
• The Godfather of Poker: The Doyle Brunson Story
• Gamblers & Gangsters: Fort Worth's Jacksboro Highway in the 1940s & 1950s
• One of a Kind: The Rise and Fall of Stuey The Kid Ungar, The World's Greatest Poker Player
• I'll Do My Own Damn Killin'
• Grandissimo: The First Emperor of Las Vegas: How Jay Sarno Won a Casino Empire, Lost It, and Inspired Modern Las Vegas