BizStore » Books » Maggie Lena Walker: First Female Bank President (62) (1000 Readers)
List Price: $2.95Manufacturer: Gallopade
Our Price: $2.95
Availability: Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your credit card will not be charged until we ship the item.
Author(s): Carole Marsh
Item Dimensions: Array
Manufacturer Maximum Age: 11
Manufacturer Minimum Age: 5
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 13
Publication Date: 2002-09-30
Maggie Lena Walker became a strong leader in the black community in Richmond, Virginia. She used her knowledge and business ability to found a bank, becoming the first woman to do such a thing! She continued to be a successful businesswoman and community leader until her death.
These popular readers include easy-to-read information, fun facts and trivia, humor, activities and a whole lot more. They are great for ages 7-12 (grades 2-6), because although simple, these readers have substance and really engage kids with their stories. They are great for social studies, meeting state and national curriculum standards, individual and group reading programs, centers, library programs, and have many other terrific educational uses. Get the Answer Key for the Quizzes! Click HERE.
• Arthur Ashe: Tennis Star and Activist (67) (1000 Readers)
• Christopher Newport: Marvelous Mariner (58) (1000 Readers)
• Christopher Newport: Jamestown Explorer
• Chief Powhatan: Powerful Native American Leader (29) (1000 Readers)
• Young Arthur Ashe: Brave Champion (A Troll First-Start Biography)
• I'm Curious About Arthur Ashe
• The True Story of Pocahontas (Step-Into-Reading, Step 3)
• A Picture Book of Thomas Jefferson (Picture Book Biography)
• The Powhatan: The Past and Present of Virginia's First Tribes (American Indian Life)
• Maggie L. Walker: Pioneering Banker and Community Leader (Trailblazer Biographies)