BizStore » Books » The Best American Short Stories 2008
Brand: Mariner Books
Edition: 2008 ed.
Feature: Great product!
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Mariner Books
Manufacturer: Mariner Books
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 384
Publication Date: 2008-10-08
Publisher: Mariner Books
Release Date: 2008-10-08
Studio: Mariner Books
• Great product!
This brilliant collection, edited by the award-winning and perennially provocative Salman Rushdie, boasts a “magnificent array” (Library Journal) of voices both new and recognized.With Rushdie at the helm, the 2008 edition “reflects the variety of substance and style and the consistent quality that readers have come to expect” (Publishers Weekly).
“We all live in and with and by stories, every day, whoever and wherever we are. The freedom to tell each other the stories of ourselves, to retell the stories of our culture and beliefs, is profoundly connected to the larger subject of freedom itself.”—Salman Rushdie, editor
The Best American Short Stories 2008 includes KEVIN BROCKMEIER • ALLEGRA GOODMAN • A. M. HOMES • NICOLE KRAUSS • JONATHAN LETHEM • STEVEN MILLHAUSER • DANIYAL MUEENUDDIN • ALICE MUNRO • GEORGE SAUNDERS • TOBIAS WOLFF • and others
• Lips Together, Teeth Apart.
• Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk
• The Best American Short Stories 2007
• The Best American Short Stories 2009
• The Best American Short Stories 2011
• The Best American Short Stories
• The Best American Short Stories 2010
• The Best American Short Stories 2006 (The Best American Series)
• The Best American Short Stories 2005 (The Best American Series)
• The Best American Short Stories 2014