BizStore » Books » Anatomy of the Spirit: The Seven Stages of Power and Healing
Feature: deep and powerful
Item Dimensions: Array
MPN: black 000a0se9a0d
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 304
Publication Date: 1996-08-26
Release Date: 1997-08-26
• deep and powerful
• Airborne Zesty Orange Effervescent Tablets, 10 count - 1000mg of Vitamin C - Immune Support Supplement (Pack of 3)
• RESPeRATE Blood Pressure Lowering Device
Building on wisdom from Hindu, Christian, and Kaballah traditions, this comprehensive guide to energy healing reveals the hidden stresses, beliefs, and attitudes that cause illness.
Anatomy of the Spirit is the boldest presentation of energy medicine to date, written by one of its premier practitioners, internationally acclaimed medical intuitive Caroline Myss, who is amongst the "hottest new voices in the alternative health/spirituality scene" (Publishers Weekly). Based on fifteen years of research into energy medicine, Dr. Myss's work shows how every illness corresponds to a pattern of emotional and psychological stresses, beliefs, and attitudes that have influenced corresponding areas of the human body.
Anatomy of the Spirit also presents Dr. Myss's breakthrough model of the body's seven centers of spiritual and physical power, in which she synthesizes the ancient wisdom of three spiritual traditions-the Hindu chakras, the Christian sacraments, and the Kabbalah's Tree of Life-to demonstrate the seven stages through which everyone must pass in the search for higher consciousness and spiritual maturity. With this model, Dr. Myss shows how you can develop your own latent powers of intuition as you simultaneously cultivate your personal power and spiritual growth.
By teaching you to see your body and spirit in a new way, Anatomy of the Spirit provides you with the tools for spiritual maturity and physical wholeness that will change your life.
What sets Anatomy of the Spirit apart is Carolyn Myss's ability to blend diverse religious and spiritual beliefs into a succinct discussion of health and human anatomy. For example, when describing the seven energy fields of the human body, she fuses Christian sacraments with Hindu chakras and the Kabbalah's Tree of Life. Fortunately, Myss is a skilled writer as well as researcher, able to ground her extensive spiritual and religious discussions by using real-life stories and a tight writing style. Those who are squeamish with the notion of biography affecting biology will find this book a struggle (in one chapter, Myss links pancreatic cancer with a man's refusal to unburden his life and start fulfilling his dreams). Many, however, hail Myss for creating a valuable contribution to the ongoing exploration of spirituality and health. --Gail Hudson
• Sacred Contracts: Awakening Your Divine Potential
• Why People Don't Heal and How They Can
• Archetypes: A Beginner's Guide to Your Inner-net
• Wheels of Life: A User's Guide to the Chakra System (Llewellyn's New Age Series)
• Eastern Body, Western Mind: Psychology and the Chakra System As a Path to the Self
• The Art of Empathy: A Complete Guide to Life's Most Essential Skill
• Invisible Acts of Power: Channeling Grace in Your Everyday Life
• Yoga Sequencing: Designing Transformative Yoga Classes
• Archetype Cards
• The Subtle Body: An Encyclopedia of Your Energetic Anatomy