BizStore » Books » The Thing Itself
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 352
Publication Date: 2017-03-07
Release Date: 2017-03-07
Adam Roberts turns his attention to answering the Fermi Paradox with a taut and claustrophobic tale that echoes John Carpenter's The Thing.
Two men while away the days in an Antarctic research station. Tensions between them build as they argue over a love-letter one of them has received. One is practical and open. The other surly, superior and obsessed with reading one book - by the philosopher Kant.
As a storm brews and they lose contact with the outside world they debate Kant, reality and the emptiness of the universe. They come to hate each other, and they learn that they are not alone.
• How to Think: A Survival Guide for a World at Odds
• Awaiting the King: Reforming Public Theology (Cultural Liturgies)
• Lovecraft Country: A Novel
• Our Secular Age: Ten Years of Reading and Applying Charles Taylor
• The Big Book of Science Fiction
• The History of Science Fiction (Palgrave Histories of Literature)
• The Doll's Alphabet
• Borne: A Novel
• The Real-Town Murders