BizStore » Books » The Thing Itself
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 352
Publication Date: 2017-03-07
Release Date: 2017-03-07
Adam Roberts turns his attention to answering the Fermi Paradox with a taut and claustrophobic tale that echoes John Carpenter's The Thing.
Two men while away the days in an Antarctic research station. Tensions between them build as they argue over a love-letter one of them has received. One is practical and open. The other surly, superior and obsessed with reading one book - by the philosopher Kant.
As a storm brews and they lose contact with the outside world they debate Kant, reality and the emptiness of the universe. They come to hate each other, and they learn that they are not alone.
• The Strange Bird: A Borne Story
• Borne: A Novel
• How to Think: A Survival Guide for a World at Odds
• Lovecraft Country: A Novel
• Too Like the Lightning: Book One of Terra Ignota
• A Closed and Common Orbit (Wayfarers)
• Monday Starts on Saturday
• The Doomed City (Rediscovered Classics)
• The Mushroom at the End of the World: On the Possibility of Life in Capitalist Ruins